Westchester, NY is a very well known county in the tri-state area. Not only is Westchester known for its great shopping centers and proximity to the Big Apple, but it is also known for its food scene. Since I've lived in Westchester my whole life, there are countless restaurants that I have been to. Here is a list of some of my favorite restaurants to go to in Westchester County.

On's

On's is one of my favorite places here in Pleasantville, especially during lunch hours. They have a buffet special where a huge tin of Chinese food costs as low as $5. At the end of the semester when I'm running low on meal plan money, this is one of my favorite places to go. Even though the prices are on the low side, the food does not disappoint.

What to try: Veggie Lo Mein

Address: 475 Bedford Rd, Pleasantville, NY 1057

Price: $

Jean-Jacques Culinary Creation

Rebecca Newman

Jean-Jacques has been one of my favorite places to eat since I started school at Pace. All the food that I have had there is always fresh and really good. They serve all types of foods such as pastries, sandwiches, salads, crepes, etc. This French bakery/patisserie is definitely a place you should try while in the neighborhood.

What to try: Grilled cheese with tomato

Address: 468 Bedford Rd, Pleasantville, NY 10570

Price: $$

Buddha Asian Bistro

Rebecca Newman

Buddha is one of my favorite places at the Rye Ridge Shopping Center in Rye Brook. They do it all from hibachi to sushi and even regular Chinese food. I've been going there since it opened. Whenever I'm craving Chinese on a Saturday night, this is where I will go. Everything is very fresh and not overly salty. 

What to try: Beef and Broccoli

Address: 1 Rye Ridge Plaza, Rye Brook, NY 10573

Price: $$

John's of Arthur Avenue 

Rebecca Newman

This is one of my newest favorite places in Port Chester. They have a wide variety on the menu and the food is very tasty. I've only started going to John's earlier this year but it feels like I've been always going there. Each time I'm there, I try something new and each time I'm pleased with my selection.

What to try: Pasta Primivera

Address: 508 Westchester Ave, Port Chester, NY 10573

Price: $$

Dig Inn

Dig Inn is so good that you will likely see me there at least once a week. It first opened up in the citybut recently started expanding in Westchester County. It is a place where you make a bowl starting with a base (rice or greens), add two sides and a protein. But, you can add an additional side instead of the protein. Everything is farm to table style and very fresh. 

What to try: Mac and Cheese 

Address: 112 S. Ridge Street, Rye Brook, NY 10573

Price: $

Aberdeen Seafood & Dim Sum

Rebecca Newman

Out of all of the places here on my list, Aberdeen is probably my favorite one. I have been going to Aberdeen for as long as I can remember. It is located in the lobby of the Renaissance Hotel in White Plains. I love dim sum and dumplings so I am always so excited to go. Unfortunately, the dim sum is only available during lunch, but they have other great Asian and seafood options during dinner. Just a fair warning, though, there is usually a lunch rush for the dim sum but it is totally worth the wait. Just try to go at the beginning of lunch hour.

What to try: soup dumplings or shrimp dumplings

Address: 3 Barker Ave, White Plains, NY 10601

Price: $$

Cava

Rebecca Newman

Similar to Dig Inn, Cava is another new restaurant in Rye Brook where you can make a bowl. The main difference is that Cava is more Mediterranean food. Besides making a bowl, you can also create your meal in a pita.  I'm not going to lie, but I probably go to Cava as much as Dig Inn. 

What to try: falafel 

Address: 3 Rye Ridge Plaza, Rye Brook, NY 10573

Price: $

Vila Rustica 

Rebecca Newman

Villa Rustica is a typical Italian restaurant. There is a wide variety of options from wraps, pizzas, pasta and fish dishes. Everything is always fresh there and the food has lots of flavors. I especially love their bread since it is very crispy. If you are looking for a typical Italian lunch or dinner and want to get served relatively quickly, then this is the place to check out the next time you are in Rye Brook.

What to try: any pizza or linguini with clam sauce

Address: 261 S Ridge St, Rye Brook, NY 10573

Price: $$

Tandoori: Taste of Indian

This is one of those places that I have been going to for so long that I can't even remember when I first discovered it. I am a big fan of Indian food and Tandoori's has always hit the spot. They have a lunch buffet every day as well as a regular menu for dinner. 

What to try: Naan and Vegetable Samoas 

Address: 163 North Main Street, Port Chester, NY 10573

Price: $$

Frank's

Similar to the previous two Italian restaurants listed, Frank's is a traditional Italian restaurant with a wide variety of specialties on the menu. The food is great and delicious. They have an express lunch menu option as well as the regular menu. I always leave satisfied with my meal. Parking can be a little limited, but it is worth it for the food.

What to try: garlic knots 

Address: 23 Putnam Ave, Port Chester, NY 10573

Price: $$

Port Chester Coach Diner

Rebecca Newman

If you are in the mood for diner food at all hours of the day, then the Port Chester Coach Diner is the place for you. It is a typical diner but with lots of comfort food and dessert options. The food there is always freshly made and yummy. If you are in the mood for good comfort food, this is the place to go. I have never had a bad experience there. 

What to try: blueberry pancakes

Address: 317 Boston Post Rd, Port Chester, NY 10573

Price: $

Besides all of these places listed above, there are countless of other places to eat in the Westchester County area. Go check one out the next time you're in the area.