My favorite part of childhood ski trips (if you could call the California mountains a ski trip) was the obligatory 5:45 a.m. drive-through at our local McDonald's to fuel up with an Egg McMuffin. There is nothing tastier than a freshly cracked egg on a toasted English Muffin, topped with real butter, delicious Canadian bacon and melty cheese…or is there?

In honor of the 50th anniversary of the breakfast classic, McDonald's is offering the Egg McMuffin at a throwback price of 63 cents on Thursday, Nov. 18 on the McDonald's mobile app.

“The Egg McMuffin, the first-ever quick service restaurant breakfast sandwich, joined the McDonald’s menu in 1971 in Santa Barbara, California, and customers have been getting creative with it ever since,” said Molly McKenna, McDonald’s Senior Director of Brand Communications.

CourttesMcDonald's.

“It‘s been fun to see all the ways they’ve made it their own, whether it’s adding some heat with salsa or sweetness with jam or combining it with the Sausage McMuffin," McKenna said in a statement.

The 63 cent Egg McMuffin offer will only be available on the McDonald’s mobile app during breakfast hours on Thursday, Nov. 18. Customers can order the breakfast sandwich for carry out, Drive Thru or dine-in at participating restaurants.

So, whether you stick to your go-to Egg McMuffin order or try something new (did someone say adding a hash brown?) – we’re here for it!

Looking more more McDeals? Check out the limited-edition "Mariah Menu" inspired by none other than the defrosted Mariah Carey, available via the McDonald's App at participating McDonald's this Christmas season!