I'm always skeptical of seafood sandwiches at fast food restaurants. I've never tried a McDonald's Filet-O-Fish, and didn't get a chance to try its lobster roll last summer. I'm not opposed to eating these seafood options, it's just not my first choice. The burger chain is diving deeper into the ocean by adding a McDonald's Crab Sandwich to its menu in select locations. 

Where You Can Find It 

toast, meat, mayonnaise, cheese, bun, tomato, lettuce, bread, sandwich
Photo courtesy of McDonald's

Fast food chains loves experimenting with new products. Four McDonald's locations in San Jose, California will be testing the McDonald's Crab Sandwich, reports USA Today. This is also the region where McDonald's tested Gilroy Garlic Fries last summer. 

The McDonald's Crab Sandwich was created in partnership with Top Chef contestant Ryan Scott. The sandwich is made with Snow Crab meat, topped with mayo, lettuce, and tomato slices, served on a buttered sourdough bun. It doesn't actually sound that bad...

"After the overwhelming success of our local favorite, McDonald’s Gilroy Garlic Fries, we wanted to test our own take on the beloved crab sandwich," Nick Vergis, McDonald’s Co-op President in the San Francisco Bay Area, said in a statement. "We’re excited for our customers to try it and share their feedback."

sweet
Alex Frank

If customers happen to absolutely love this new crab sandwich, it will roll out in more locations across the San Francisco Bay Area. McDonald's is currently doing this with the Chicken McGriddle in the South. We have our fingers crossed that the sweet and savory breakfast sandwich expands nationwide, because we hear good things about it.  

Seafood options at fast food places tend to raise an eyebrow. But I think you just have to adopt a mentality of 'don't knock it 'til you try it.' You never know. Peeps in the San Jose area, I encourage to order a McDonald's Crab Sandwich and let us know what it's like.