Cutting out carbs is nearly impossible. For those of you who are trying to cut down on carbs, your local grocery store has the perfect frozen options. These options are tasty but also convenient; not to mention, the carb substitutes allow for more creativity in your cooking. You can find most of these at your local grocery store. 

Vegetables like cauliflower, zucchini or chickpeas can be used to substitute for a low-carb and low-calorie meal. It just so happens that there are pre-made products to prepare a meal without having to deal with the nitty gritty food preparation we all dread. 

Pre-packaged cauliflower rice, pizza crust, or even spiraled noodles makes life ten times easier. Healthy doesn’t have to be hard; healthy can mean getting creative. The only effort you need to put into these low-carb meals is what your going to put on top without the guilt of eating carbs.

Trader Joe's: Cauliflower Pizza Crust 

Lily Jay

After eating this gluten-free pizza crust alternative, you may never go back to the regular pizza crust. This gluten-free crust is made up of these five simple ingredients: cauliflower, olive oil, salt, and corn and potato starches.

Bake the crust before adding toppings to get a crisp, authentic pizza taste. The crust works well with pesto sauce, but you can add whatever your heart desires! 

Riced Cauliflower 

sweet, milk, flour, cauliflower
Stephanie Zajac

Who knew something so simple could taste so good? Use store-bought riced cauliflower as you would use plain white rice. Riced cauliflower absorbs flavors easily and will keep you full for a long time. Throw in some veggies! Grab a bag of Green Giant's broccoli & cauliflower blend for that extra dose of vegetables. 

Trader Joe's Spiraled Carrots 

Brooke Avedon

Carrots that are literally spiraled. That’s it. All you have to do now is add butter pasta sauce and any other spices of your choice. Take the frozen spirals and steam or cook them in a skillet with some olive oil for an al-dente effect. 

Then, sprinkle a little bit of parmesan cheese and voilà! You have a pasta dish that resembles a home-cooked Italian meal. Find these spirals in the Trader Joe's freezer section for just $3.

Zoodles: Spiraled Zucchini 

julienne, pasta, spaghetti, vegetable
Lora Maghen

Skip the spiralizer and buy the pre-packaged zoodles from your local grocery store. Sauté these bad boys in a pan with a little bit of olive oil, or try this zoodle recipe that is arguably better than regular pasta.

Even on your busiest night of the week, make a 10-minute meal by throwing on pasta sauce, parmesan cheese, and even a protein. Fast. Affordable. No excuses for unhealthy. 

Still want to grab a box of pasta? I didn't think so! Enjoy the low-carb, low-cal meal.