Lay's "Do Us A Flavor" annual contest is a great opportunity for Lay's flavors enthusiast to submit new chip flavors that they think would be a hit. Participants can submit ideas and also have the opportunity to taste and vote on other submitted flavors. Lay's receives some awesome flavors that are loved by the public, but they also get some pretty odd flavor ideas. Here are some of the wildest flavor ideas submitted for 2017.  

Hawaiian Pizza

juice, sweet
Photo courtesy of lays.com

There are two kinds of people in this world: those who like Hawaiian Pizza and those who don't. The combination of sweet, tart, pineapple, and savory ham on a pizza makes some people's mouth water, while others have no interest. I am not a fan of Hawaiian pizza, but I am sure some people would go crazy for this chip.

Shrimp Cocktail

chips, candy, sweet, popcorn
Photo courtesy of lays.com

I do not know how I feel about this one. Who would ever want to eat shrimp-flavored chips? For college students, shrimp is expensive—but I guess people could view this as a cheap alternative. I don't know what you think, but I don't see this favor winning the contest. 

Avocado Toast

chocolate, candy, sweet
Photo courtesy of lays.com

Are we even remotely shocked that someone submitted this flavor? No surprise here, considering avocado toast was one of the biggest food trends of 2016. People have been going crazy over avocado toast and now a Lay's fans want a chip that resembles this popular combination. I'm not sure how the flavor of the avocado toast will pair with the texture of a chip, but I'm excited to find out.

Hot Chocolate and Marshmallows

sweet, tamarind, coffee
Photo courtesy of lays.com

On cold winter days, nothing is more comforting than snuggling up with a warm cup of hot chocolate. Every hot chocolate lover will agree that adding marshmallows is a must—but I think a large portion of the hot chocolate charm is that it has a warm temperature. That being said, I do not think these chips will be able to fully capture the same effect. But I guess some Lay's fans would disagree with me. 

Mom's Spaghetti

sweet
Photo courtesy of lays.com

Shout out to Eminem on this flavor. I think this flavor would be difficult to fully capture because every Mother's spaghetti is slightly different. From the sauce's flavor or consistency, the inclusion of meatballs or meat, or the noodles that the mother decides to use, every family has their own unique spaghetti preferences. I think this one will be a challenge for the Lay's company.

Cinnamon Sugar French Toast

blueberry
Photo courtesy of lays.com

Cinnamon pita chips are very popular, and I think this idea will be even better. A cinnamon chip that also has a subtle taste of syrup and butter could be amazing. Some people might even substitute this bag of chips as their breakfast. If this chip is a hit, I could see Lay's creating an entire breakfast series. Could this be Lay's newest million dollar idea? Only time will tell.

Mayonnaise

ice, milk, sweet, cream
Photo courtesy of lays.com

Of all the condiments this person could have chosen, why did they choose mayonnaise? I am sorry to whoever submitted this flavor, but I am telling you now this is not a winner. The entire point of mayonnaise is to enhance other foods. No one wants to eat it plain. Does this person eat mayonnaise plain? I have so many questions about this one.

Ice Cream and French Fries

french fries, potato, chips
Photo courtesy of lays.com

Okay this flavor is much better than mayonnaise. The combination of a salty fry dipped into sweet ice cream is legendary. If Lay's can pull off this awesome combination, I think this could be a huge hit. I could see Lay's creating an entire dessert series of chips, so I hope this flavor wins.

New England Clam Chowder

coffee, tea, beer
Photo courtesy of lays.com

For some of these flavors I feel that the textures of the foods are so important. I am worried that the brilliance of New England Clam Chowder could be lost in translation when Lay's creates a chip of this flavor. I'm worried this flavor chip would not have the same affect as eating clam chowder out of a bowl. I'm not a supporter of this flavor, but feel free to disagree. 

How do you feel about the wildest Lay's Flavors that were submitted in the current Lay's "Do Us a Flavor" contest? Though these flavors are pretty wild, there were many more on the list. If you are still intrigued, be sure to check out the contest's website. If you want to submit your own, they are still accepting new flavors.