In the age of COVID-19, 4th of July festivities are bound to look much different than in years past. Nonetheless, colorful, bright, and patriotic foods are staples of this American holiday. Here are some of my favorite colorful creations for the 4th of July! 

Fruit Salad (Yummy, yummy)

It's berry season, and we're celebrating with this delicious and festive fruit salad! You can use chunks of apple and sliced bananas for the "white" color along with blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, watermelon, and strawberries. 

Independence Day Jello Parfaits 

For this recipe, you'll need just a few ingredients: jello mix, water, cool whip, and fresh berries. Add some patriotic sprinkles on top for a sweet twist! 

Party Dip: Flag Style!

Yeah yeah, flag cakes. But why not have something with more savory flavors? Try this party dip with refried beans, guacamole, olives, cheese, and cherry tomatoes! 

Patriotic Mac and Cheese

Add red or blue food coloring to cooked & drained pasta for a festive twist on a barbecue classic. You can also use this trick to make red, white, and blue pasta salad! 

Americana Toast

Add a schmear of Greek yogurt, rasberry or strawberry jam, sliced bananas, and fresh blueberries to your favorite toast for a balanced breakfast!

Chocolate Covered Strawberries

Dip fresh strawberries into white chocolate and blue sprinkles for a funky fresh summer treat! 

Patriot Bark

This special treat is a favorite among kids and adults! Use saltine crackers (or graham crackers, if you prefer), white chocolate, candy melts, and sprinkles to make a great party favor. 

Red, White, and Blue(berry) Margaritas

Did you need another excuse to get boozy on the Fourth? Didn't think so. Check out these fruity margaritas; they pair so well with barbecue! 

Patriotic "Dump" Cake: For When You Forget the Party is a Potluck

Quick and easy is the name of the game for this 4th of July dessert. You'll need a couple simple ingredients: boxed cake mix, canned pie filling, coconut flakes, and butter. The rest is history! 

Looking for patriotic brunch ideas? Check out this Spoon article featuring ten recipes you'll want to include!