For those of you who like to who eat, think about eating, and talk about eating for what may seem like an abnormal amount, don't worry—you are not alone. At the Rollins College Spoon University chapter, we don't just eat to live, we live to eat.

Our chapter is looking for new members to write about, market, photograph, and video all of the amazing food that we have here in Winter Park and Orlando! If you are not sure whether you want to join, here are some of the many reasons why you should join Spoon University at Rollins:

1. You Will Meet So Many People That Share The Same Passion As You

tea, beer, cake
Madelyn Wilson

Something amazing about Spoon University is that the publication has one main focal point—food. That being said, all of our contributors share something in common, which makes working on our team very fun and easy!

You will meet people that you may not meet on campus otherwise, and can avoid the awkward moment of not having something to talk about. Odds are, if you talk about food around any of us, we will automatically be engaged. If you ever need someone to eat or drink with, don't worry, we've got you covered.

2. You Can Add a Little Something Extra to Your Resume

Let's not lie to ourselves. As college students, we are all trying to bulk up our resumes. By joining spoon, you will be able to produce content and it will actually be published, with your name, online, for all to see. Some articles get hundreds of thousands of views, and yours could be one of them. Imagine being able to show that to a potential employer. Pretty amazing, am I right?

3. The Networking Opportunities are Endless

wine, beer
Spoon University

Spoon University provides the means for members to talk and interact with students on other college campuses. You will be able to provide and receive tips and feedback from people all around the nation, while also meeting more people in your area. We partner with local companies and other on-campus organizations to host kickass events and spread the joy of food.

In addition, Spoon hosts an annual event where members can travel to learn from and interact with professional foodies. Not to mention, the food served there looks absolutely amazing. To see what last year's event was all about, click here

4. Eating Is Our Favorite Hobby, and We Don't Judge

Have you ever eaten so much you literally cannot begin to understand how it was even humanly possible? Every time I go to brunch—aka every Sunday—I get up from the table, and I immediately regret eating every last bite on my plate.

In all fairness, leaving one bite of a pancake or BLT on a Sunday is considered unlawful in my book. If you love brunch as much as I do, check out this article about the brunch festival in New York this year! It is a dream come true, just like being apart of Spoon University at Rollins College. 

Starting a Spoon chapter at Rollins gave me the ability to not only share this feeling with others, but to know that there are people out there with the same eating habits as me. Don't worry, we won't judge you if you lick your plate. Honestly, we would probably give a standing ovation, because at Spoon, we are not quitters. 

5. We All Are Looking for that Excuse To Go Out to Eat (and Drink)

cocktail, tea, ice
Maisie Haney

One of the perks of being a member of Spoon University is that it is almost required to go out and try new and unique foods! Luckily, we do our research and know all of the best places to eat and drink both in our area and in all of our on-campus dining options.

I have such a hard time staying away from the higher priced restaurants on Park Ave. They're not good for my wallet, but thanks to Spoon, I now have a legitimate excuse to be there. Restaurant owners get super excited when you talk about/photograph their food, so don't be surprised if they send something free your way. Not bad, not bad. 

6. You Don't Have to Be a Professional

Spoon provides that tools to help our members succeed. There is a skills section that provides descriptions on how to be the best at what you are doing. Whether you are a writer, marketer, photographer, or videographer, Spoon will help you increase your skills and allow you to work in a professional setting to show off what you can do. We are all learning, so don't worry if you don't have tons of experience! After all, practices makes perfect. 

While the opportunities are endless at Spoon University, these are just some of the reasons as to what makes joining our team so great. Are you ready to channel your inner foodie and get started on something amazing? Click here to apply!