It's mid-August, and it's still insanely hot outside. Like, I'm going to need to pack a change of clothes hot. 7-Eleven recognizes that, and they're providing a lit promo to help us all cool down. 7-Eleven's Bring Your Own Cup Day might give you a brain freeze, but it's worth the trip. 

Here is everything you need to know about this holy celebration and the rules behind it.

The Slushy Deets

This Friday and Saturday, 7-Eleven's Bring Your Own Cup Day promo is providing you a whole lot of Slurpee (you choose the flavor) for only $1.50. All you have to do is provide the cup, and it doesn't even have to be a legit "cup." 

This is a repeat of their promotion from May 2017, and I think it's even better than the last because it's freaking August. I would much prefer some cold af slush in August than in May, idk about you. 

All About Dem Rules

There are some rules about what exactly constitutes a "cup" for 7-Eleven's Bring Your Own Cup Day. Yes, this is slightly annoying, but 7-Eleven does not want us bringing entire kegs for an impromptu darty. I get it.

Your cup has to fit in the 10-inch slot of the Slurpee machine. It also has to be food-safe (like, obviously) and watertight so you don't get leaks. Finally, only one cup per person, so don't expect to be buying Slurpees on Slurpees for your sweaty self. 

In case you don't just want to bring an OG cup to 7-Eleven, I would recommend packing a fish bowl, flower vase, your old high school baseball trophy, or maybe even a massive Mason jar (for the aesthetic). No matter what you bring, try to optimize on size so you get more bang for your buck.

This deal is going on Friday, August 18 and Saturday, August 19 from 11 am to 7 pm at all 7-Eleven stores. So basically, it's going be super easy to get your Slurpee fix during the prime hot hours of the day. 

It's almost 7-Eleven's Bring Your Own Cup Day, so find your biggest 10-inch cup and get yourself over to 7-Eleven. It really is the best cure to that summertime heat.