When you see the words low-sugar, low-carb, NON-GMO, Gluten-Free, Lactose-Free, and Soy-Free, what do you think of? The first thing that comes to my mind is certainly not chocolate. But, all of those words can be used to describe JOJO’s Chocolate Bark. JOJO’s chocolate is made with premium dark chocolate and simple ingredients that are easily identifiable on the packaging.

When the creator, Jojo, was diagnosed with cancer, she vowed to make healthier choices, including her diet. She made it her mission to create chocolate that was good for you, but still delicious. JOJO’s Chocolate is paleo friendly and high in antioxidants. The health benefits of JOJO’s chocolate are clear, but how do they taste? JOJO’s was kind enough to send me 4 of their chocolate bark flavors to try: Original, Peanut Butter Delight, Raspberry Dream, and Goes Hawaiian.

Let’s go through each one and see how they taste. 

Original

Emily Noel

I started off with the Original flavor and was not disappointed. This flavor is made up of 70% dark chocolate, pistachios, almonds, and cranberries. The dark chocolate is bitter with just the right amount of sweetness. The dried cranberries on top add a fruity kick that brings relief to the bittersweet chocolate. The cranberries also add a softer texture to the bite, which is a nice reprieve from the crunchy nut toppings. Overall, I was a big fan of this flavor and couldn't wait to try more.

Raspberry Dream

Emily Noel

This flavor is made up of 70% dark chocolate, pistachios, almonds and raspberries. This flavor is truly a dream. The raspberries add a level of tartness to the bite that brings relief to the slightly bitter chocolate. Each bite is a little different with brightness from the fruit and saltiness from pistachios and almonds. Anyone who appreciates the combination of chocolate and fruit will love this flavor.

Peanut Butter Delight

Emily Noel

The Peanut Butter Delight flavor is 70% dark chocolate topped with peanuts and sea salt and filled with peanut butter. I would say this flavor is more salty than sweet. The middle is stuffed to the brim with peanut butter. The peanut butter is slightly overwhelming for my tastes, to the point where I can barely taste the chocolate. Don't get me wrong I love peanut butter, but I tend to pair it with something else like jelly or chocolate rather than eat it alone. I think I would enjoy this flavor more if the middle had slightly less peanut butter. The peanuts on top add a nice crunch, but they boost the saltiness even more. Rather than eating this plain, I think I'd prefer to crumble this on top of a scoop of ice cream or even brownies before I bake them.

Goes Hawaiian

Emily Noel

Ah the classic combo of coconut and chocolate. This tropical flavor is 70% dark chocolate topped with coconut, sea salt, and macadamia nuts. Biting into this reminds me of a Mounds bar. Of course there's more chocolate and less coconut than a Mounds bar, but the flavors are very similar. With the bite of macadamia nuts every now and then, this flavor is perfect combo of salty, sweet and just a hint of bitterness from the dark chocolate. Any coconut fan will love this flavor of JOJO's chocolate.

Final Thoughts

Emily Noel

JOJO's chocolate is no joke! Sometimes food that is "free" of so many things doesn't taste as good as it looks, but that does not apply to JOJO's. JOJO's proves that treats can be good for you AND taste delicious. My personal favorite flavor was Goes Hawaiian, which is no surprise as I'm a sucker for coconut. I recommend getting whatever flavor combination sounds the best to you. All of flavors are true to their description and will leave your sweet tooth satisfied. I'm a big fan of JOJO's chocolate and can't wait to snack on more. In addition to eating straight from the bag, I think JOJO's would taste great chopped up and added to your favorite recipes like muffins, brownies and cookies.