Not being able to fall asleep is one of the most frustrating feelings in the world. As a college student who wakes up relatively early for class, I've tried so many remedies to help me fall asleep at night. Although melatonin often does the trick, I wanted to find something that didn't make me feel so groggy in the morning. When I heard of Dirty Lemon Sleep beverages, I had to give it a shot. 

The Product

Dirty lemon beverages come in four different categories: Sleep, Skin + Hair, Energy, and Detox. According to Dirty Lemon, the sleep beverage is meant to "promote drowsiness and mental calm," contributing to a restful sleep. The beverages come in a large, insulated box with six bottles per case. For the best results, Dirty Lemon advises drinking one bottle daily before bed. 

As the product's name suggests, one of the main ingredients in the Dirty Lemon Sleep beverage is lemon juice. However, it also contains filtered water, rose water, herbal extracts and magnesium glycine. The best part? With no added sweeteners, there are only 10 calories in every bottle.

Taste

I loved the taste of the Dirty Lemon Sleep beverage. The drink itself is pretty much just flavored water. The lemon juice stands out in the first sip, but there are hints of rose water towards the end. If relaxation could have a taste, this would definitely be it. I was temped to drink the beverage not only before bed, but at times when I was stressed out. The ingredients work together to sooth both your mind and your body. 

Cost

One case of the Dirty Lemon Sleep beverage is $65. For a broke college student like me, paying around $11 for one beverage is insane. I mean, I could Postmates a full meal for that amount. But if you're looking to splurge, or want to invest in something that will make you relaxed and rested, look no further than these beverages. 

Effects

So here's what really matters. Do these beverages actually work? Kind of. If you're expecting to drink one of these and fall asleep instantaneously, you're out of luck. Although the beverages helped me relax, they didn't necessarily help me sleep. I still had to take melatonin some nights when they just didn't do the trick. 

#SpoonTip: Drinking one of these when you're stressed out is pure magic. 

Overall

I was pretty sad to finish my case of Dirty Lemon Sleep beverages. They tasted so good and truly helped me relax every night before bed. If you're looking for melatonin in liquid form, though, this might not be the product for you. But if you're looking for something to help you unwind from a busy day before going to sleep, and you have a spare $65 to spend, look no further than Dirty Lemon Sleep beverages.