Up until recently, I was a firm believer in enjoying jello in its pure, sugary, and sober form (the way it’s meant to be). However, while pregaming a little too early in the morning, I learned a trick to make jello shot go down more smoothly. Way more smoothly. Here’s the secret to swapping your chaser for jello shots that actually won’t make you cringe, especially if you hate the taste of alcohol.

jello shots

Let’s set the scene: Your roommate labored over jello shots all day to serve at tonight’s pregame, maybe even these impressive fruit peel jello shots. Okay, so you’re not about breaking your friend’s heart or anything…but jello shots?

It’s hard to imagine that a jiggly, slippery, bright red thing would look appealing to anyone. But have no fear, we found a solution. With a little extra effort, we promise to transform that kid’s cherry-medicine flavored gelatinous solid into a sugary sweet that’ll make you go back for seconds.

jello shots

GIF courtesy of giphy.com

Listen up, fellow jello haters: Straight up dump those horrendous flavors of cherry, lime, and raspberry into an empty red Solo cup. Practice your ninja stealth to avoid the jello chef’s wrath.

jello shots

GIF courtesy of giphy.com

Using a fork, stir the mixture a little so that it breaks up into smaller clumps. Next, add a splash of water to the cup, just so that it covers the Jello. Drink up! This concoction will go down just like water, no matter how strong the jello shot. Enjoy.