Finding gym time during the week is hard. Trust me, I know. I've been telling myself to go to the gym for so long, but I always put it off for different reasons: I'm too tired, lazy, or I say I don't have time. If you're reading this, you've probably been in the same situation as me and are looking for help to change that. Well, you've come to the right place because I have found a way to incorporate gym time into your schedule (psst, there are actually some good reasons to go to the gym too). 

1. Take Advantage of Your School Gym 

coffee
Rebecca Block

First things first, if you're not going to the gym because a membership is too expensive, then you're doing it wrong. There's a high chance that your school has a free gym, so take advantage of it while you can. Another perk of going to your school gym is the convenience of it. You can go to the gym before or after class and you can even wear gym clothes to your class if you're going to the gym after. Problem solved. 

2. Plan Your Schedule Around The Gym

coffee
Sarah Arora

Instead of planning your schedule first and dealing with the empty slots in between, before, or after classes, think about incorporating gym time first. If you prefer to work out in the morning, pick afternoon classes, and vice versa. You should also think about leaving a time gap if you go to the gym before class, to freshen up. 

3. Go To The Gym with A Friend 

I'm sure you've heard that working out with a friend motivates you to exercise and go to the gym, it really does work. One way to make this happen is to plan your schedule with a friend also wants to/is going to the gym. That way, you two can have the same free time to go together. 

4. Set Reminders For Yourself

There's going to be times where you forget to bring your gym clothes. To make sure you follow through with your gym-mmitment, pack your gym clothes in a bag the night before and have it next to your backpack. That way, you'll see it and won't forget to take it with you. You can also set a reminder for yourself (if you have a smartphone) or get a reminders app and put reminders on the nights before you go to the gym, so you never forget. 

Going to the gym is hard but if you incorporate these four things into your everyday life, I promise you it will be so much easier to stick to your gym-mittment (it's going to be a thing, I promise). Now get out there and own the gym! Just make sure you're not making any of these mistakes while you're there. 

Spoon tip: If you're new to the gym and don't know what to do with weights here's a list of exercises you can do without them.