Bumble, Tinder, Grindr, or the guy you met at the bar—no matter how it happened, you're going on a date. Whether you love it or hate it, dating is most definitely a part of life in college. However, knowing what your order says about you can save your date from being a hard no to a hell yes! Perhaps you should think twice about ordering that onion garlic dip appetizer if you're looking to get a kiss goodnight. 

Salad

If he orders a salad on the first date, it's an immediate red flag. Okay, maybe that's a tad harsh, but if he orders a salad as his entree then it's obvious he cares about his health and appearance. It's not a make or break decision about whether he'll get a second date, which maybe is a good thing in the long run. It does pressure me to order a salad as well, though, and TBH mama needs more food than just a salad.

Burger

I like a guy who likes burgers. To me, it shows a sense of confidence and comfort with the environment he's in. He's perfectly fine ordering whatever he wants, even if it gets a little messy. Confidence is one of the main qualities I look for in a guy, so I would definitely pursue this man for a second date as long as his appetite matches his communication skills.

Sushi

If he takes me out to sushi on the first date, he is definitely getting a second date. I could be a little biased with sushi being my favorite food and all, but there's something special about a guy who likes sushi. In my experience, men who like sushi tend to be more outgoing and willing to try new things. I mean, whether it's in the kitchen or elsewhere, being open-minded is never a bad thing!

Most Expensive Thing on the Menu

Ca-ching. This guy is a big spender and (hopefully) if he's paying for dinner, then I have the freedom to order whatever I please. Granted, on a first date, I tend to not order the most expensive item on the menu, but if I know that he has the money to treat himself then that gives me the confidence to treat myself too. This guy seems like the type of guy who enjoys spoiling his significant other and we all deserve someone like that.

Something Complicated

Unless he has a real dietary restriction, if he has to substitute more than one thing with his order, I'm already thinking he's high maintenance. I may be too harsh with this one, but if he has more issues with the menu than I do then I most likely won't want a second date with this gentleman caller. 

Something Off the Menu

Initially, I'm impressed. Maybe he knows the chef, which is super cool and convenient, or maybe he takes all his other dates here...? If it was me, I wouldn't read in to it too much on the first date. However, keep your guard up if things seem off on the later dates because you may have yourself a suave player.

First dates can either be the start of something new or can easily crash and burn. Although there are already a million things running through your head when you meet someone new, don't overlook what they order, because it can say a lot about who they are as a person.