Alright, the easy part is over. That guy that you have been relentlessly obsessing over for the past month (no shame) FINALLY asked you out to dinner. Now it’s time for the hard part… where do you go?

Tuscaloosa is a great little college town for students with not-so-little appetites. Being on such a huge campus brings so much diversity with restaurant choices. So, I’m going to break it down nice and easy for you, boys please take note.

TACO MAMA

Date

Photo courtesy of @tacomamattown on Instagram

Taco Mama is the epitome of a perfect, casual, low-key type of date night. Taco Mama’s fun and upbeat atmosphere is ideal for first date jitters. The pressure is off, and the fun is on. In all honesty though, tacos, queso and margaritas… what else do you really need?

Guffy’s Go-to: The Yo Mama burrito and a Pomegranate Margarita.

Dinner for two: $20-40

AVENUE PUB

Date

Photo courtesy of @avepub on Instagram

This place is just so cool. The atmosphere and rustic decor are super chill and perfect for a low-key romantic night for two. Ave. Pub, as most people call it, has an awesome choice of selections varying from Thai Nachos as an appetizer to Marinated Salmon filets for dinner. Whether it’s your first date or 50th date, Ave. Pub will not disappoint.

Guffy’s Go-to: Bacon Burger **add a killer fried egg on top** with a glorious side of pub fries.

Dinner for two: $30-$40

DEPALMA’S

Date

Photo courtesy of @kelsostarr on Instagram

CARBS CARBS CARBS. Coming from an Italian girl, this place is the real deal. The restaurant setting in general is perfect for a romantic and intimate date night. If you weren’t in love with each other before coming here on a date, the food will tip y’all’s relationship over the edge. As my grandpa always says, “MANGIA!!!” (Or for those of you who don’t know Italian, “EAT!!!”)

Guffy’s Go-to: For the Pre-Game: Stuffed Mushrooms. The main event: Portabello Mushroom Ravioli. Grand Finale: Tiramisu or a homemade cannoli.

Dinner for two: $40-50

ROCK-N-ROLL SUSHI

Date

Photo courtesy of @rocknrollsushi on Instagram

SUSHI!!!! Who doesn’t love sushi? Seriously if you don’t love sushi, I don’t love you. Kidding– kind of, not really. As one of the newest and trendiest restaurants to enter the Tuscaloosa scene, Rock-N-Sushi is the new “it” spot for your sushi cravings. Very seldom can one drive by and not see huge groups of students and locals waiting to be seated to try the new sushi joint in town. Rock-N-Roll offers a mix between classic rock music and sushi, something Tuscaloosa has never seen. On the real though, who doesn’t want to eat and sing along??

Guffy’s Go-to: As a warm-up, Headbanger Shrimp. The big meal, your date can choose a roll of his or her liking. You don’t have a choice… You have to get the KISS Roll for yourself and an Elvis Roll to share.

Dinner for two: $30-50

FIVE

Date

Photo courtesy of @fivetuscaloosa on Instagram

The menu may be small, but it is mighty. With nightly specials adding different options, the food here is a solid 10/10. Honestly, you really can’t go wrong with anything on this menu. The location downtown is prime, and the restaurant itself has a very modern and unique atmosphere that you really can’t find anywhere else.

Guffy’s Go-to: Lobster Ravioli or the Panéed Chicken (YUM)

Dinner for two: $40-60

CHUCK’S FISH

Date

Photo courtesy of @chucksfish on Instagram

On the nicer side, we’ve got Chuck’s Fish. The menu is full of mouthwatering options from the surf to the turf. The restaurant itself is gorgeous (complete with a full bar, upstairs venue, and downstairs dining), and the food is equally as appealing. Chuck’s is definitely a place where you’d take your significant other for special occasions.

***HINT HINT: If you are trying to impress your date, ask the waiter for the Secret Sushi Menu***

Guffy’s Go-to: Seared Sea Scallops or the Ribeye

Dinner for two: $50-70

Whether you’re keeping it casual on your first date or dressing it up for an anniversary, this list of bomb restaurants are guaranteed to end your night with two happy smiles and two full bellies.