Zucchinis zucchinis zucchinis... they're one of many green fruits (yes, fruit; not veggie) that most, if not all of us never consume enough of; ever. Contrary to popular belief (or to any belief really), there's one whole entire day that's solely dedicated to zucchinis; and it's known as National Zucchini Day. Just in case you're like me or anyone really and has no ideas as know how to properly celebrate, let's see how those at Noodles & Company are celebrating so that we can join in on the fun.

What and when is National Zucchini Day?

In case you're curious, National Zucchini Day is on August 8th. Now you might not know exactly as to what to do to celebrate, and that's why Noodles & Company is sharing how they're celebrating so that you can join in.

On National Zucchini Day aka August 8th, you, the consumer and hangry human being can go into any of Noodles & Company locations to swap in zucchini noodles in place of classic noodles in any dish for free. Usually, this costs extra just like the guac at Chipotle, but it's now free just for the sake of National Zucchini Day.

Another thing that Noodles & Company is doing on August 8th for National Zucchini Day is featuring two new Zoodle dishes (Zoodle; short for zucchini noodles FYI). Such dishes include the Zucchini Pesto with Grilled Chicken, which is made with Zucchini noodles with basil pesto and garlic, cream, grilled chicken, mushrooms, tomato and Parmesan), and their Zucchini Romesco, which is sweet and tangy and made with an almond-roasted red pepper sauce, cream, sundried tomato, garden vegetables and feta. However, if you're in the mood for something lighter on National Zucchini Day, you're more than welcome to opt for their Bacon Jalapeno Mac & Cheese, which also launches on August 8th and is made with Noodles & Company's famous Wisconsin Mac & Cheese with smoky bacon and crispy jalapeños. Yum.

What else is there to know?

While this doesn't necessarily pertain to the holiday known as National Zucchini Day, back in May, Noodles & Company became the first fast-casual restaurant to offer zucchini noodles in the entire nation. Since then, they've spiralized more than 470,000 lbs of zucchini, which if you ask me, is a whole lot of zucchini. Said zoodles contain lots of vitamin C and potassium and have 90 percent fewer calories and carbs than a regular bowl of elbow noodles; and the best part is, they're presumably green instead of the standard noodle color.

While this might break your heart, please take it from me and start eating more zucchinis. Said zucchinis didn't do anything wrong to deserve such heartbreak from us consumers, but we abandon them on a daily basis by not purchasing and eating them. However, on August 8th aka National Zucchini Day, we can make a change and start giving zucchini the love that it yearns for and deserves simply for existing on planet Earth. On this note, please head over to Noodles & Company on said food holiday for some zucchini in the format of zoodles.