If you’re like me, life feels incomplete without peanut butter. Not only can it help you live longer, it’s just so tasty. Whether it be oatmeal, toast, or vegetables, peanut butter goes well on anything. If you’re tired of the same old dorm food, consider slathering on some of this magical spread. Here are some ways that a jar of peanut butter can upgrade your dining hall experience:

1. Oatmeal

chicken, mushroom, risotto, rice
Julia Liu

Possibly the most obvious choice, a dollop of PB can definitely jazz up your oatmeal. Oatmeal doesn’t have to be a bland bowl of undesirable mush anymore. Using peanut butter is just one of the few ways to spice it up.

2. Waffles

caramel, apple
Julia Liu

We all know that syrup and whipped cream on waffles is a classic, but peanut butter works just as well. If you’re feeling extra luxurious, feel free to add fruit or even some chocolate.

3. Rice Bowls

brown rice, sauce, stir-fry, teriyaki, rice, broccoli, chicken
Julia Liu

Proving that peanut butter isn’t just for sweet things, its addition to rice bowls can add a new dimension of flavor. Plain peanut butter can be used, or a restaurant-quality sauce can be made with just a few simple ingredients.

4. Bagels

cookie, bread, cream, candy, cake, pastry, sweet, chocolate
Julia Liu

Instead of slathering the same old cream cheese on your bagel, try using peanut butter. It retains the same richness while offering a dairy-free option.

5. Salad

tofu, pork, chicken
Julia Liu

A salad is only as good as its dressing. Use peanut butter as the base for your next salad dressing to add a nutty flavor to your greens.

6. Vegetables

marinated cucumber, salad, vegetable, cucumber
Julia Liu

If vegetables are often eaten with ranch or hummus, why not peanut butter? Celery and peanut butter are the most iconic pair, but veggies like cucumbers and carrots work just as well.

7. Ice Cream

candy, dairy product, goody, chocolate ice cream, milk, caramel, sweet, cream, chocolate
Julia Liu

What do you get when you combine the most delicious spread in the world with the most beloved dessert? This magical duo. The combination of these two treats amplifies their creamy textures.

The amount of foods that peanut butter goes well on are almost endless. I know I can always count on my trusty jar of peanut butter to upgrade my dining experience.