Ever walk into a Walgreens or a supermarket and wondered when it became normal for cereal to cost upwards of $6-8?! Especially the "healthy" cereals. Yeah, same. This is why I buy some of my cereals at Trader Joe's, where you can get a wicked good box for $1.99. 

The cereal wall at Trader Joe's is packed with all kinds of fun cereal options, from sweet to savory and everything b. Here's your guide to picking out some delicious, healthy Trader Joe's cereals.

1. Joe's O's

strawberry
Katherine Baker

You can score a giant box of these Cheerio copycats for under $2. The primary ingredient is whole grain oats, and they're fortified with decent amounts of iron, folic acid, and B vitamins. 

With a single gram of sugar, 100 calories, and 3 grams each of fiber and protein per cup, these neutral-flavored gems make for a lovely canvas for a nourishing bowl of cereal. Add some fruit and a splash of your favorite milk and you're good to go.

#SpoonTip: They're also great for snacking or tossed into trail mix. 

2. Trader Joe's Bran Flakes

chocolate, tea, coffee
Katherine Baker

Before you write these off as old people food, give them a whirl. They're actually quite tasty, nutty, and just a wee bit sweet. With a modest amount of added sugar (6 grams/serving), a solid amount of fiber (5 grams/serving), and nearly half the iron you need in a day, Trader Joe's Bran Flakes are a delicious and healthy start to your day. 

3. Gluten-Free Rolled Oats

Oats are naturally gluten-free, but due to the way most oats are processed nowadays, there are actually few gluten-free rolled oat options on the shelves. Oatmeal is a lovely whole grain and fiber-filled versatile option, so grab a bag of these oats while you're at TJ's. 

4. Trader Joe's Unsweetened Instant Oatmeal

For when you want the health benefits and blank canvas of naked oats, but you're on-the-go or super busy, which, let's be real, is like always. 

5. Trader Joe's Multigrain Triple Berry Instant Hot Cereal

cereal, oatmeal, muesli, granola, milk, corn
Katherine Baker

Holy yum. These microwave-friendly packets offer a blend of rolled oats, wheat, barley, chia, and flax with dried raspberries and blueberries for a bit of natural sweetness. With no added sugar, and decent amount of whole grains, fiber, and omega-3s (from chia and flax), this hot cereal is a solid on-the-go option. 

6. Trader Joe's High Fiber Cereal

chocolate, sweet
Katherine Baker

Yeah, it's high in fiber (with an impressive 9 grams per 2/3 cup, to be exact). This cereal is also fortified with lots of vitamins and minerals, and if you add some berries, milk, and a drizzle of sweetener, you have a fiber-filled bowl of yum.

7. Peanut Butter (or really any) Puffins

Health food? No. But if you need a sweet cereal in your routine, peanut butter Puffins aren't too shabby an option. With a modest amount of added sugar compared to many commercial store-bought cereals (6 grams per serving), these are great if you've got a sugary-cereal craving.

8. Trader Joe's Ancient Grain & Super Seed Oatmeal

chocolate
Katherine Baker

This is a wonderful blend of whole grain oats, quinoa, amaranth flakes, almonds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, flax, chia, and hemp. With no added sugar, 6 grams protein, 4 grams of fiber per serving, and essential omega fatty acids in each serving, this cereal is perfect for a bowl of hot or overnight oats.

9. Kashi Autumn Wheat

With 50 grams of whole grains, 6 grams of both protein and fiber per serving, and a modest sugar content, Kashi Autumn Wheat is a scrumptious and filling cereal to keep in your rotation.

10. Trader Joe's Ancient Grains and Nuts Granola

cereal, sweet, corn, popcorn, chocolate
Katherine Baker

While most granolas are packed with sugar (we're looking at you, Trader Joe's Pumpkin Spice Granola with 16 grams per 3/4 cup), this nutty blend contains a just-sweet-enough 8 grams per serving. 

Even better, this granola is made of whole grains like quinoa, chia, teff, and buckwheat, and has cashews, walnuts, and sunflower seeds to pack in some protein, healthy fats, and fiber for some staying power. As far as granolas go, this one is a solid choice.

11. Trader Joe's Museli

cereal, corn, granola, wheat, muesli, oatmeal
Katherine Baker

This muesli is a cross between oatmeal, granola, flake cereal, and delicious. With rolled oats, seeds, and dried fruit, this slightly sweet muesli is a great shortcut to delicious overnight oats, and tastes great mixed in yogurt.

12. Trader Joe's Oatmeal in a Cup

A hefty cup of oatmeal with 9 grams of protein, 6 grams of fiber, a solid amount of iron, and 5-6 grams of sugar each, these are a great, filling option to keep on hand for those to-go moments. Top with fruit and a dollop of nut butter, and a well-rounded breakfast is just seconds away.

13. Weetabix

Katherine Baker

Imagine giant shredded wheat biscuits with no frosting on top. Congrats! You're imagining Weetabix. This cereal hails from the UK, and the biscuits are super tasty when soaked in your favorite milk, with a bit of agave, maple syrup, jelly, and  fresh fruit.

Packed with whole grains, fiber, and protein, and fortified with B vitamins and iron, Weetabix makes for a healthy breakfast when you're ready to say "cheerio" to Cheerios.

14. Nature's Path Organics Flax Plus Multibran Flakes

tea, beer, coffee
Katherine Baker

Whole grains, omega-3s, protein, and fiber. What's not to love about these crunchy flakes?

15. Steel Cut Oats

beer, coffee, tea
Katherine Baker

Looking to mix up your oatmeal game? Grab some steel cut oats. Unlike rolled oats, these babies are not steamed, rolled and toasted. The resulting texture is a bit toothier than rolled oats, and is hearty and delicious.

The cereal aisle can be a tricky place to navigate. With so many options, it's easy to get carried away. 

Next time you're looking for a nourishing cereal that not only tastes amazing, but also won't break the bank, head to TJs and bring up this list. Your wallet and tummy will thank you later.