We're almost 2 months in to the year 2020. Have you kept up with your resolution to eat healthy? Read below for healthy snacks that can help get you back on track. 

Strawberries

Jessica Clermont

Strawberries are an amazing sweet, treat to nibble on when craving sugar. Don't let the candy-like sweetness fool you. A strawberry is high in vitamin C, potassium, manganese and folate. It also has a ton of antioxidants, which are key during flu season. Not to mention, strawberries can be added to multiple recipes to make a meal healthier

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Jessica Clermont

Fruit is great, but sometimes a sweet tooth just won't quit until it bites down into a chewy, moist cookie. As tempting as a chocolate chip cookie may be, the added sugars and fats make it a no go when sticking to a healthy diet. An oatmeal raisin cookie with real whole grain oats is the best option. Try not to eat too many because ultimately, a cookie is still a cookie. Use it as a guilty pleasure to indulge in every now and then. 

Pistachios

Jessica Clermont

Feelin' a little nutty? Nuts are high in protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals. This underrated snack is also rich in polyunsaturated fats and monounsaturated fats, which are amazing for a person's heart and lower LDL or "bad" cholesterol. Pistachios, in particular, help decrease acne growth, according to Food NDTV. With the stress of midterms or exams, breakouts are common among college students, but eating pistachios can aid in developing glowing, smoother looking skin. 

Bananas

Jessica Clermont

Bananas contain tryptophan, an amino acid essential for humans that must be obtained from food. Tryptophan can help preserve memory, boost a person's ability to learn and regulate mood. I don't have to tell you how helpful these health benefits can be during a triple block class or after studying for four hours in the library.  

Terra Real Vegetable Chips

Jessica Clermont

Solely snacking on fruits, nuts and the occasional cookie just isn't feasible for a chip-lover like myself. Fortunately, there is another option, Terra Real Vegetable Chips. The vibrant blue color is unique and comes from a naturally blue potato. It's healthier than average potato chips because it is made with real, non-GMO vegetables, making it vegan and gluten-free. 

Jessica Clermont

Enjoy these healthy snacks!