As someone with a nut allergy, finding healthy snacks can be challenging at times. Grabbing a handful of nuts isn’t an option for us and so many of the healthy granola bars aren’t nut-free. Sometimes I end up turning to something that isn’t as healthy like a bag of chips or cookies, but I definitely don’t want to be doing this all the time. I have searched for years finding healthy snacks and alternatives to allow me to stay healthy and be safe. To any and all college students with a nut allergy or anyone who wants nut-free options here is a list of my favorite healthy no-nut snacks and brands:

1. Smart Sweets

Smart Sweets makes your favorite candies healthy with only 3 or 4 grams of sugar per pack and all under 130 calories. They have gummy worms, sourmelon bites, peach rings, sweet fish, and more. This is perfect when you’re looking for something to satisfy your sweet tooth, but still looking to stay healthy.

2. Popcorn

There are many brands that make healthy popcorn but my two favorites are SkinnyPop and Boom Chicka Pop. With many different flavors and combinations, you will most definitely find something you like.

popcorn, corn, cereal, kettle corn, salt, butter, wheat, caramel
Kirby Barth

3. Clif Bars

While many Clif Bars are not nut-free, there are a few that are. This is a great grab-and-go breakfast if you have an early class. They keep you full and satisfied for hours. My favorites are Chocolate Chip, Chocolate Brownie, and the new seasonal flavor Peppermint Bark.

chocolate, sweet, candy, cake
Hannah Linn

4. Fruit

Fruits are always great options for a healthy snack that is definitely nut-free. Stocking up on fruit at the beginning of the week is key in order for me to stay full throughout the week. I love keeping apples, assorted berries, bananas, and grapes in my fridge at all times.

apple, juice, sweet, pasture
Santina Renzi

5. Made Good

This brand is all about being allergy-friendly. They are free from so many popular allergens such as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, dairy, egg, fish, shellfish, gluten, and sesame. Also, all products are organic which makes me feel good about eating them. They have various products from granola balls and bars, cookies, and granola that are all delicious!

6. Pretzels

This is such an easy snack that is perfect when craving something salty. There are so many different types of pretzels out there that you can constantly try new brands and varieties. My go to’s are Pretzel Crisps because they are light and come in so many yummy flavors. I love pairing them with cheese or salsa if I need something a little more filling.

7. Built Bars

Built Bars have a wide selection of nut-free bars that have 17g of protein and are all under 150 calories. This is a great substitute for any chocolate bar and is a great guilt-free dessert. If you put it in the microwave for 30 seconds the inside melts and it tastes like something you would get at a restaurant.

These are just a few of my favorites that I heavily rely on to get me through the week. If you are someone like me that struggles to find allergy-friendly foods that make you feel good about yourself these are some great options!