Have you ever gone to the beach and realized you forgot a snack? Trust me, this has happened to me WAY too many times to count. I always manage to forget a bar to munch on, yet still manage to always remember to bring my summer reading book (Have I gotten through the first page? The answer is N-O.)

Being at the beach and finding a healthy snack is hard for everyone. Its hard to remind yourself on a 93º hot sunny day to be healthy when all you can think about is that delicious chocolate vanilla swirl in a waffle cone, or the Push Pop at the nearest ice cream vendor. It's time for all of you (and me-- guilty as charged) to switch up our beach cravings for something that screams healthy. It seems like a challenge, but I am sure I can ride the wave successfully.

From fresh fruit to chopped salads, there is a beachy snack for all types of eaters. Enjoy my favorite go-to healthy alternatives from recommendations on Style Caster, Pop Sugar, to my own fun creations while your'e soaking up the sun or catching up on that new romance novel.

1. Chewy Oatmeal Bars

Alex Tom

First things first, one of the easiest grab-and-go snacks on the beach is a granola bar. After browsing Google, I came upon the chewy walnut oatmeal bar recipe in Vegaonosity. Keeping you fueled and energized on a long day at the beach, this peanut cherry walnut bar keeps your stomach full and puts your cravings on pause. Instead of having to forcefully bite into the bar, its soft and chewy texture keeps you from having a bad tooth ache.

2. Pasta Salad

One of my favorite meals of all time is pasta. I am a huge carbohydrates lover. Brought to you by POPSUGAR , this unique and light recipe will keep you wanting more. You can add any type of ingredient you want like roasted red and yellow peppers or even sliced avocado, depending on your mood. You can even add in some extra veggies like red onions if you're feeling adventurous. If you want something extra for your beach day, you can include black bean spaghetti. This meal is quick and easy to create for any carb junkie. 

3. Fruit by the Foot

Robert Arrasate

Cue the dancing lobsters! Now this is the ultimate '90s throwback. You could always find me slurping on a Fruit by the Foot snack at recess. You can mix and match what type of roll   you want like a strawberry mango fruit roll ups flavor. Easy to eat, as all you do is peel, this creative childhood snack is a healthy alternative to slurp on at the beach. If you want to save some for another beach trip, you can put the roll ups in a Tupperware.

4. Crunchy Green Wraps

Morgan Willie

After eating something with greens and veggies, you can be rocking that new gingham bikini. I can say I hopefully am. With veggies like healthy roasted peppers, celery, carrotsand adding in hummus and hemps for that extra protein boost, you can feel great and refreshed in your beach bod.

5. Chick Pea Crackers

Make it crispy! Chickpeas are a great source of healthy protein. With great consistency to the crackers and adding in extra sesame seeds sprinkled on top, you can add some crunch to the best beach day of the season. Easy to make in under 25 minutes (same time needed for you to get ready), you can grab and go on the car ride out.

6. Kale Chips

Alex Tom

Baked and crispy, you can never go wrong with kale chips. Munching on kale chips all day long can perfectly curb your cravings for something salty and savory like tortilla chips. Packed with antioxidants and a great source of vitamins, kale chips are the perfect snack!

7. Peanut Butter/ Jelly Sushi Rolls

Beach days can never go wrong with a healthy version of peanut butter jelly sandwiches. Putting some peanut butter on whole grain bread is a good source healthy fats and protein. Next time you have that P.B. and jelly craving, you can find the right ingredients to cure your itch.

8. Watermelon Popsicles

Hot summer days go great with some watermelon popsicles! There is something about eating watermelon that can always keep you calm, cool, and collected. Combining fresh lime juice, high levels of vitamin A, B6, C, and honey can create a delicious popsicle. 

9. Somersaults Sunflower Seed Crunchy Bites

And last but not least, my moms absolute favorite: Somersaults Sunflower Seed Crunchy Bites. While you're flipping through the last pages of that Nicholas Sparks novel, you can count on the crunchy sunflower protein-filled snack to keep your brain functioning. Trading something crunchy like Doritos with Somersaults, a snack with only three grams of fat, can keep your beach day healthy.

So start shopping for those new bikinis and get yourself beach ready with my healthy snack picks. Enjoy every last bite as you get your tan on!