After a pretty brutal winter, sweet summertime is finally here. We no longer have to anxiously await fresh watermelon, sizzling barbeques and cold cocktails.

There’s no doubt that the summer season offers some of the healthiest food around. And who says you can’t bring that healthy food to the beach?

Mason Jar Salad

beach snack

Photo by Bernard Wen

Just because you’re at the beach doesn’t mean you can’t be healthy. Mason jar salads are one of the hottest food trends right now because they are not only compact, but they’re also super cute (even if you’re not into the whole hipster lifestyle).

Spice up your beach day with a southwestern salad, or one of these other recipes.

Fruit Kabobs

beach snack

Photo by Mira Nguyen

It’s so easy to cut up fruit and throw it into a container. But why bother bringing utensils when you can just use kabobs? Cut up some strawberries, pineapple, or any other fruit that you’d like for a juicy, mess-free treat.

If you’re really feeling adventurous, soak the fruit in your favorite summertime rum for a boozy beach day snack.

Chex Mix

beach snack

Photo by Susanna Tuan

Chex Mix is a classic snack favorite at any time of the year. This light mixture can be hot and spicy or sweet and salty. Whichever you choose, make this easy snack the night before so it’s ready to go in the morning.

Fruit Salsa

beach snack

Photo by Santina Renzi

There’s no denying that fruit is one of the greatest beach day snacks because it’s light and refreshing. Take your passion for produce to the next level and create this festive fruit salsa.

Like Chex Mix, you’ll also need to whip up this recipe the night before your beach excursion. We can guarantee your friends will be impressed.

Wraps

beach snack

Photo by Bari Blanga

Sandwiches are the classic go-to when you’re hungry and don’t know what else to eat. But if you’re not looking for a carb overload while you’re in your bikini, switch to a wrap for the day.

Whether you throw in some lunch meat or opt for veggies, wraps are the perfect lunch for a busy day at the beach. You should definitely try this wrap recipe out next time.

DIY Fruit By the Foot

beach snack

Photo by Rob Arrasate

Just because you’re an adult (or at least people think you are), that doesn’t mean you can’t eat fruit by the foot. Take the healthier approach to your favorite childhood snack by making your own to bring to the beach.

Cucumber Sandwiches

beach snack

Photo by Hannah Lin

Cucumber sandwiches have a stigma of being an elitist snack during afternoon tea (anyone else remember The Importance of Being Ernest from high school English?). Don’t let that turn you away from this amazing combination that’s perfect for days when you just want something light.

Strawberry Oatmeal Cookies

beach snack

Photo courtesy of Nutritionfor.Us

People either love or hate oatmeal cookies. Try this spin on a classic recipe to make you fall in love with them all over again. If you’re not a strawberry fan, substitute strawberries for another fruit, like blueberries or cranberries.