The possibility of the freshman 15 (or any year 15, really) perpetually looms over people on college campuses across the country. Sometimes we just want to snack during the day or at night, watching our favorite Netflix show. Don't worry, you can eat all of these healthy dorm snacks and stay perfectly healthy. Here's what you need.

1. "That's It." Fruit Bars

100 calories. 0 grams of fat. All natural. One ingredient: fruit. Does it get any better? Fruit in general is great for you, as it's got so many vitamins and minerals, and it's packed with natural sugar. These fruit bars really are the best way to satisfy that sweet tooth of yours. Even better, the company just came out with 150 calorie bags of fruit-covered chocolate truffle bites. Uh, count me in.

2. Greek Yogurt

coffee, milk, tea, sweet
Sabrina Sadeghian

There are so many ways to eat Greek yogurt. Smoothie, flip cups (the non-alcoholic kind), the typical fruit on the bottom, or even just plain. Any way you choose, Greek yogurt is a great source of protein, and it's low-calorie. A blueberry Chobani fruit on the bottom yogurt has 130 calories and 12 grams of protein. If you want, all of these Greek yogurt options can be taken on the go, too. They're super filling, super healthy, and fun to eat. What's not to like?

3. Hummus

bread, hummus, vegetable
Christin Urso

Seriously, who doesn't love mashed up chickpeas? Hummus is one of the best dips out there. Studies have found that chickpeas lower cholesterol and even reduce a person's risk for developing cancer. Eating hummus can also help you with weight loss because all of the protein in it makes it really filling — not to mention that it just tastes awesome.

Hummus comes in so many different flavors and in to-go cups with pretzels and tortilla chips. Find me a downside to hummus. That's right, you can't.

4. Vegetable Sticks

vegetable, cucumber, pasture
Kimberly Kao

And, of course, you need something to dip in that hummus. Instead of greasy pita or salty tortilla chips, try sliced vegetables. You can buy them pre-cut at just about every grocery store on earth, and you can keep them in your dorm room fridge for a while. Cucumbers, carrots, celery, and red peppers all contain vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin C.

5. Popcorn

cereal, wheat, corn, popcorn, rice
Sara Carte

Finally, something crunchy with carbs. Phew. Thankfully, popcorn is high in antioxidants and has fewer calories than many other snack options. Pretzels, goodbye. Chips, see ya. If you want a little bit of sweet with your popcorn, get some kettle corn. It's still less caloric than normal sugary foods, so what do you have to lose? Go ahead, indulge in a snack that seems bad because, yes, it is actually pretty good for you. Solid.

6. Almonds

coffee, cereal, chocolate, relish
Stephanie Lee

Something crunchy, but that isn't a carb works, too. Almonds are full of healthy fats, so they're super filling and are a great healthy dorm snack. Pair almonds with some dark chocolate for a little extra flavor, and you're good to go. Delicious.

7. Edamame

legume, vegetable, pea, pasture, fava beans, broad beans, edamame
Sarah Goldman

Yes, legumes can go in the microwave. No, it doesn't taste weird. Edamame is an awesome low-calorie, healthy dorm snack that can be made in any dorm room. Simply put the edamame in a bowl and turn the microwave on high for 4-6 minutes. Add some salt, if you have some, and presto. Great for all of your fiber and protein needs. A healthy, green snack, perfect for any time of the day.

8. Banana and Peanut Butter

banana, vegetable
Delissa Handoko

A 2013 study stated that eating peanut butter in the morning can keep you fuller for the rest of the day. Add a banana to the mix, and you definitely won't be hungry. Bananas have a lot of potassium, giving you energy, and peanut butter has a lot of protein to keep you going for hours. So, this combo has just the right amount of everything you need for a successful day. 

9. Apples

apple, pasture, juice, sweet, vegetable
Olivia Mattyasovszky

Apples are another great snack for any time of the day. It's an on-the-go food that's known to prevent weight loss. You can keep them in your fridge or in a bowl on your dorm room ledge. Have them pre-washed and ready to grab on your way out the door.

10. Rice Cakes

Rice cakes are, on average, only about 45 calories per cake. Eat two with your peanut butter and banana, and you're truly golden. There's nothing better than the satisfying crunch of a low-calorie, lightly salted rice cake with that sweet and tangy peanut butter and banana goodness. Honestly, anything is good with rice cakes, so enjoy these with just about anything in your room. 

So, it seems I have hit all of the five major food groups: vegetables, fruit, whole grains, legumes, and low-fat dairy. When it comes to snacking, these 10 healthy dorm snacks are the key to satisfying those hunger pangs while still staying away from the junk foods that aren't so great for us. If you've got these ready-to-eat foods in your fridge, you're set. Writing this article made me hungry. I'm going to get get a fruit bar. Happy snacking, my friends.