The average human is only supposed to have a maximum of 30 grams of sugar a day, and canned sodas like Coke and Fanta contain much more sugar than that. Overly sweetened drinks are everywhere you go: you might even be surprised if you check the label of your favorite drink.

So while an easy step to making sure you're not over consuming sugar is just to check out the label, if you're willing to take a long-term step into reducing your sugar intake, these healthier alternatives are sure to make your transition sweet.

Lemonade Alternative: Lemon Water

milk, sweet, citrus, lemon, lemonade, juice
Angela Pizzimenti

If you love lemonade but hate wasting the sugar, try lemon water for almost the same effect. By squeezing a lemon into your water or even adding a few cut up slices, your 20-gram sugary drink turns into something that's healthy, delicious, and tastes almost the exact same.

But if you're not a water type of person, you can try making your own lemonade, which is much healthier than the bottles. You can also try Bai lemonade, which only contains 2 grams of sugar but tastes exactly like the lemonade you are probably used to.. but better.

Soda Alternative: Kombucha

apple, juice
Taylor Lashley

Soda alternatives are harder to come by because so many people are willing to just pick up the Coke. But if you're daring and willing to lead a healthier lifestyle, try IZZE. The sugars are all natural and this is probably the closest alternative to soda (I recommend the sparkling grapefruit).

Another alternative to soda is kombucha. Kombucha is fermented black tea, and ex-soda lovers are known for making this their go-to: kombucha can be found at most grocery stores.

Juice Alternative: Homemade

beer, cocktail, juice, smoothie, strawberry, ice
Holly Lipka

Most juices contain more sugar than you actually think. The best thing you can do when craving a juice is just check out the label. Since there are so many options and brands for each juice, there will probably be an alternative close by that fits your decreased sugar needs.

If you're really committed to juice without as much sugar, you can even try making your own! This may not be as difficult as you think, but much more rewarding than just twisting a cap. Check out this article for easy recipes that don't require a juicer.

Energy Drink Alternative: Green Tea

espresso, dairy product, milk, cream, coffee, tea
Ana Cvetkovic

You probably already know that Gatorade is not as healthy as you think. While it provides electrolytes, it's not the best thing to put in your body sugar-wise. This may cause an eye roll, but water is both healthier for you and can have almost the same boosting powers. To add flavor, add some lemon or mint.

But again, if you're not a water person, green tea actually works wonders. You can have it iced or hot and add as much sugar as you prefer. If you're more interested in a bottle alternative, you can try Brain Juice.

Some drinks have necessary, healthy sugar and some have unhealthy, sometimes dangerous levels of sugar. By just being conscious of the drinks that you are putting in your body and reading the labels, you're probably already on your way to making healthier alternatives for yourself and your diet.