Since One Direction went on hiatus last year, Harry Styles has been absolutely killing it. His new self-titled album is absolutely haunting, he is presumably dating a food-blogger, and he is starring in the new movie, "Dunkirk." The WWII film features Harry as a British soldier, trapped on the beaches of Dunkirk in 1940. But while on set, the stunner attempted some food-related method acting in order to fully ~embody~ the role. 

Here are all the deets on his insane method acting tactics, which *spoiler alert* — was an utter fail. 

The Meaty Attempt

In an interview with the UK's On Demand Entertainment, Harry admitted that he tried method acting with corned beef. If you're unsure of what exactly corned beef is, it's meat brisket cured in brine and boiled. The canned version was apparently the official food of World War II, when fresh meat was rationed.

Fionn Whitehead, Harry's co-star, revealed that he ate corned beef plain from the can with a knife. However, it didn't last long.

"I wasn't a very good method actor. I think I went [to the set] with 20 cans and went home with 23 cans somehow," Harry joked. "As soon as I learned there was room service, I was like, well, I'll have that instead." 

Nevertheless, his failed method acting did not sink the movie, as teenage girls and critics alike have been praising the film. 

Harry's Weird History With Corned Beef

Bizarrely enough, this is not the first time Harry Styles's been an advocate for corned beef. I know he's British and it's often served up in English dishes, but it's still kind of strange.

With absolutely zero context, Harry tweeted his love for the meat in 2011. Umm, OK... everything from the text itself to the ".." at the end is confusing af. I can only assume he thinks about corned beef more than most people. But he's Harry Styles, so I still love him. 

Basically, Harry is a god no matter what he eats, and that is a straight fact. Beyond having the voice of an angel, his performance in "Dunkirk," small but mighty, apparently proved he has some serious acting chops as well. I don't care that he failed this method acting attempt  — you will still catch me at the movie theater watching "Dunkirk" this weekend.