I know that St. Patrick's Day falls over spring break here at UR, but there are still ways to stay festive with friends far and near. And what better way to stay festive than to challenge some friends to eat green foods for St. Patrick's Day! 

Green Foods for St. Patrick's Day

If scavenging for some festive St. Patrick’s Day accessories isn't your cup of tea, or you want to celebrate by wearing green and eating green for the day, then this challenge is for you. I have crafted up a list of green foods to eat throughout this St. Patrick's Day. 

Ella Freeman

Breakfast

For breakfast, you can start with avocado toast, a fruit smoothie with spinach added, or even an omelet with spinach, kale, and/or green bell peppers. You can start slow with the breakfast, maybe even just a little bit of green. If you are having cravings for cereal or something sweet when you wake up, try Lucky Charms special-edition. Maybe throw in a matcha latte to drink! Any ounce of green counts!

Lena Galante

Lunch

For lunch, you can indulge in anything from a green goddess or caesar salad, to a falafel dipped in tahini. Personally, I would go with pasta salad with all green vegetables. I would add in green bell peppers, edamame, spinach, kale, and some broccoli. I am a pasta salad-lover so for me, it just makes sense. 

Lena Galante

Dinner

Here comes the best part: dinner time. I recommend pesto pasta for dinner. It is one of my favorite dishes because this dish can be spiced up in a multitude of ways. You can use spaghetti, penne, tortellini, or even gnocchi. You can add vegetables or chicken, tofu, or protein of choice. You can even make the pesto sauce a classic pesto sauce or you can make it creamy. 

Lena Galante

Dessert

For dessert, you can make cookies or cupcakes with green frosting. There is also the option of matcha mochi, matcha ice cream or pistachio ice cream. You can just take some scoops of ice cream into your bowl, or you can top it off with green gummy worms, green bursting boba, or green sprinkles. Checkout some Must-Try Sweet Treats for a DQ Mint Brownie Blizzard. Although you might not be with your college friends on St. Patrick’s Day, there are many ways to stay in that lucky spirit!