Less and less people seem to want to eat cereal for breakfast, so it's no surprise that many companies are trying to come up with new flavors to fit in with current trends and get more people to buy cereal. Take General Mills Lucky Charms Magical Unicorn Marshmallows Cereal as an example. Now that spring has arrived, General Mills has released another surprise, Limited Time Edition Peach Cheerios, and I don't know about you, but I had to try it.

At First Glance

Natalia Klisch

When I first opened the box, the smell of concentrated peach hit me. I think General Mills over did it with the peach extract because it smelled a lot like the artificially flavored peach yogurts found in many stores. When it came to the appearance, they looked exactly like the original Cheerios, though.

Taste

Natalia Klisch

As strong as the smell of peach was, the cereal itself did not have an intense peach flavor, which I am pretty thankful for. The Cheerios tasted a little like Yoplait Peach Yogurt with a hint of honey. On the bright side, if you eat it with milk like I did, the milk becomes a little sweet and has a nice peachy flavor to it that I quite enjoyed.

Nevertheless, the aftertaste of artificial peach stayed with me for a long time, and I'm thinking I won't be buying this next spring.

Rating: 2.4 out of 5