If you're a college student, you've probably reached the point in the semester where the thought of going to the dining hall is about as appealing as an 8am calculus lecture. With finals rapidly approaching, there's barely time to eat at all. Instead of skipping meals or going to the dining hall, try one of these frozen meals.

Not only are they better for you than Kid Cuisine, they're also super convenient — you can buy a bunch at once and reheat one whenever you're hungry. Plus, you know how the dining hall caters to the lowest common denominator of flavor? These five frozen meals are packed with fresh flavors, straight out of the freezer section.

1.  Butternut Squash and Sage Ravioli (EVOL)

ravioli, vegetable, gnocchi
Jillian Murphy

If you want a delicious and healthy meal without spending an hour making Butternut Squash Mac n' Cheese, this is a great frozen alternative to have around. It's ready to eat in four minutes and has 13 grams of protein. Plus, it's all natural: you don't need a dictionary to know what any of the ingredients are.

2. Cheese Ravioli With Sauce (Amy's)

sauce, chili, tomato
Jillian Murphy

This is such an upgrade from Kid Cuisine Spaghetti and Meatballs. The sauce alone makes Kid Cuisine's taste like ketchup. With a beautifully seasoned tangy red sauce made with organic everything, this is a win. The frozen dish has 14 grams of protein and 20% of your daily calcium.

3. Butternut Squash Lasagna (EVOL)

cheese, pasta, lasagna, sauce, spinach, ravioli
Jillian Murphy

It can be hard to find a decent vegetarian lasagna, since it's usually made with meat sauce. Once again, EVOL put together a really solid meal. This lasagna is buttery and flavorful — even on par with these 8 Next-Level Takes on Classic Lasagna (except for the Cookie Lasagna — that's in a league of it's own).

The harmonious flavor created by the sage, roasted tomato, buttery garlic sauce, and butternut squash hit a high note.

4. Gluten-Free Smoked Gouda Mac and Cheese (EVOL)

macaroni, cheese, pasta, sauce, tortellini
Jillian Murphy

After years of Kid Cuisine Mac and Cheese with some pretty scary sounding ingredients, this is a major improvement. It may not look as orange as you're used to, but that's because it's made with gouda cheese, not cheddar. This dish has 18 grams of protein and only 7 grams of sugar. Food this good is truly EVOL.

5. Paneer Tikka (Amy's)

rice, beef, sauce, meat, pork
Jillian Murphy

When the most spiced thing in the dining hall is a bottle of ketchup, let this dish be your savior. The basmati rice combined with spinach, tomato masala, and organic potatoes makes for a seriously delicious lunch. Plus, it's all natural and totally GMO-free (though GMOs aren't bad — many of the Major GMO Myths have been totally debunked).

This frozen meal packs 11 grams of protein with only 7 grams of sugar. While, as a white person, I can't really speak on the authenticity, it was a still really good dish.

Next time you're in the freezer section, try to steer clear of Kid Cuisine — the ingredients list alone is the stuff of nightmares. Instead, consider one of these healthy, natural alternatives that is better for you and the environment.