As a kid, nothing put me in a better mood than a bowl of Froot Loops for breakfast. Any cereal that made the milk taste like liquid sugar was a win for me, and Froot Loops definitely did that. Now, Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s are bringing that fruity, sugary cereal into a new dessert for your enjoyment. Meet the new Froot Loops donuts. 

This news is major. The donuts don’t just look like giant versions of the Fruit Loops cereal, but apparently, they taste and smell just like them, too. So if you’ve convinced yourself you’ve outgrown the sugary cereal phase, but deep down you’re still missing those loops, Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s are here for you.

These days, Froot Loops are really shining outside the cereal bowl. The donuts are being released just after Froot Loops recently brought back its Froot Loops Straws. Remember those from the '90s? And last year, Burger King released a Froot Loops milkshake.

They donuts are now available exclusively at both Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s locations nationwide as of Aug. 29. So, now’s the time to release your inner child and don't walk, run there.