The only reason I even think about going to social gatherings is for the food. There is usually a wide array of snacks including chips, vegetable platters, cookies, pretzels and basically anything else you can imagine. I mean, I love onion dip, but it's not that healthy with its base usually made from sour cream. However, I'm always looking for healthier alternatives to my favorite foods. Fresh Cravings is a brand that has a line of plant-based dips and they are exactly what I've been looking for. 

Fresh Cravings Plant-Based Dips

Most dips are made using sour cream, mayo and cheese. They might taste good, but are they healthy for you? The short answer is no. Fresh Cravings plant-based dips are made from creamy cashews, apple cider vinegar and cayenne pepper. They are also packed with superfoods such as chia seeds, hemp seeds, cashews and almonds.

In addition, dips are dairy and gluten free and don't have any artificial preservatives or added sugars. 

What Are The Two New Flavors?

Photo Courtesy of Fresh Cravings

Fresh Cravings recently added two new flavors to their lineup of plant-based dips: Spinach Artichoke and French Onion. 

The other dips in the lineup include Kickin' Queso, Creamy Garlic, Smokehouse, Spicy Garlic, Zesty Ranch and Creamy Dill.

I was able to try the two new flavors and I really enjoyed them. I preferred the Spinach Artichoke dip because I felt the flavor and consistency was stronger. There was actually pieces of spinach in it which elevated the flavor. 

As for the French Onion, this dip fell a little flat for me. The flavor was really great, extremely similar to original onion dip, but the consistency was lacking. It was a bit watery and would slip off my pretzel. I'd say this dip would work better as a spread. 

Where To Buy Fresh Cravings Plant-Based Dips

If you're interested in trying these plant-based dips, they can be found at Walmart and other select retailers nationwide. Check out their product locator to find a store near you that carries the brand!