Some watch the Super Bowl for the game, some watch the Super Bowl for the commercials or the halftime show, but others prefer to graze the food table while pretending to glance at the screen every once in a while. And what’s almost guaranteed to be on that table during a Super Bowl party? America’s go-to football-viewing snack, spicy, tangy, and buttery, Buffalo wings. Since their invention in 1964, Buffalo wings have become a Super Bowl staple for football fans and food-lovers, alike. But now, Buffalo Wild Wings is giving Americans an excuse to pay closer attention to the game. If Super Bowl LVII extends into overtime, BWW will be giving away free chicken wings.

How do I get free wings from Buffalo Wild Wings after the Super Bowl?

On Sunday, February 12 at 6:30pm EST, the Kansas City Chiefs and the Philadelphia Eagles will compete in Super Bowl LVII at State Farm Stadium in Glendale, Arizona. If the two teams tie and force the game into overtime, Buffalo Wild Wings will offer free chicken wings at all 1,231 of their locations from 4 to 7 p.m. on February 27. During this time, each customer can order one six-count of boneless or traditional wings for free for dine-in or takeout while supplies last. 

For more information on this event or to find a location near you visit Buffalo Wild Wings’ website.  

Will there be free substitutions for the chicken wings?

Unfortunately, people with food allergies, vegetarians, and picky eaters may be out of luck for this deal. Buffalo Wild Wings will only offer boneless or traditional six-count chicken wings. However, Buffalo Wild Wings has an extensive nutrition and allergy guide on their website.

Will the Super Bowl go into overtime?

Most likely not. The Super Bowl has only ever gone into overtime once in 2017 when the New England Patriots defeated the Atlanta Falcons. But don’t lose hope! This NFL season there have been over 20 games to go into overtime. In addition, new overtime rules were introduced this year for the playoff games and Super Bowl. So some free Buffalo-drenched chicken wings may soon be in your future.