Your roomie is the person you share everything with. You share a small space. You share your mutual annoyance with the screaming girls down the hall. You share your failing grades. So obviously, you have to share your burning questions and opinions about your mutual love for food.

1. Should I get Jeni’s or Ben and Jerry’s?

roommate

Photo by Hollis Cuffie

If you’re an All-American kind of gal, nothing can beat some good ol’ Fish Food and Chocolate Fudge Brownie. If you’re more of the adventurous type, you can’t help but fall in love with Jeni’s original flavors, like Brown Butter Almond Brittle and Wildberry Lavender.

2. Did I just eat the whole bag of gold fish?

Stress eating is real. Although your roommate may try to be nice and convince you that the bag was only half full, inevitably, you probably ate the whole thing.

3. Where should we brunch?

roommate

Photo by Mara Davis

There’s nothing better than Sunday morning brunch with your homies, and there’s no city better to brunch than Nashville. What’s not to love about Red Velvet Waffles from Tavern, Bonuts from Biscuit Love, or Croissant French Toast from Marché?

4. Have you looked at what Kissam is having for dinner tonight?

roommate

Photo by Audrey Gruber

Kissam is not your stereotypical school cafeteria serving mystery meat and instant mashed potatoes. Although it’s only open for breakfast and dinner, both menus will give you something to rave about. Enjoy your fresh cooked fish with glazed brussels sprouts and baked acorn squash next to a warm fireplace, and you’ll forget that you’re actually eating cafeteria food, that is, if you even categorize Kissam food as cafeteria food.

5. Should I get a vanilla latte again?

roommate

Photo by Megan Meadows

Noooo! When you have amazing hipster coffee shops like Three Brothers Coffee and Barista Parlor, branch out and try their amazing specialty coffees. You’ll be thankful when you taste that perfectly fall flavored Americano topped with homemade maple bourbon whipped cream.

6. What should we Order Up from tonight?

roommate

Photo by Audrey Gruber

Order Up…For the days when you just aren’t feeling the cafeteria but you’re too lazy to walk to Hattie B’s.

7. Grins or Bamboo Bistro?

roommate

Photo by Megan Meadows

This is like making a parent choose their favorite child. So instead of forcing yourself to pick favorites just eat one for lunch and the other one for dinner.

8. Are you craving a burger too?

roommate

Photo by Peaches Memishian

It’s hard not to crave a burger when there are so many killer burger joints in Nashville. My favorites are The Pharmacy and Burger Up. In addition to their mouth watering burgers, The Pharmacy has fun specialty sodas and sweet potato fries (#SpoonTip dip the fries into maple mustard) while Burger Up boasts fried mac and cheese and truffle fries.

9. What do you mean you don’t want cinnastix with Domino’s pizza? What do you mean you don’t want a Rand Cookie?

roommate

Photo by Olivia Benjamin

Occasionally, your roommate might develop a crazy idea that she wants to try to start eating more healthy. So when you ask her if she wants to have some of your perfectly buttered cinnamon sticks oozing in icing or some of your warm gooey Rand cookies that you’re pigging out on, she refuses to eat any of them because of her recent health kick. Don’t worry though she will soon realize that her new lifestyle is absurd and will be back to eating Rand cookies and cinnastixs in no time.

10. When our parents come to visit can we go to Kayne Prime?

Popcorn buttered lobster. Housemade bacon with maple cotton candy. A 24oz bone-in ribeye. Yes please!

11. Want to go to Munchie with me to use my meal swipe?

roommate

Photo by Marisa Goldstein

You stayed up late talking to your roommate. Now it’s conveniently past 12am so you and your roomie can take a late night excursion to grab some oatmeal and Greek yogurt for the morning or those much needed late night snacks.

12. How much Easy Mac do we have left?

Easy Mac is a staple in every college student’s snack drawer. When you’re low on Easy Mac, you know it’s about time to make a grocery store run.

13. Want to venture out to East Nashville with me?

roommate

Photo by Megan Meadows

Although East Nashville is a bit further than Hillsboro Village, the Gulch, and 12 South, it’s worth the drive. I love going to study at Barista Parlor and then walking across the street to reward myself with creative tapas at Little Octopus after looking around the nearby boutiques.

14. Is that a London Fog?

If you aren’t already asking this question, you should be. The London Fog is sometimes an overlooked drink on Iris Cafe’s beloved menu. Steamed milk with earl grey tea and hints of vanilla is the perfect soothing pick me up. You’ll be obsessed in no time.

15. Do you have any Meal Money left?

roommate

Photo by Olivia Benjamin

What you’re really asking is if your roommate wants go to one of the Taste of Nashville Restaurants with you. Bread&Co, Cabana, Mellow Mushroom, Lucky Belly, Nama, Noshville…The Commodore Card is pretty great!

16. Should I wake up early in the morning to get breakfast potatoes at Commons?

roommate

Photo by Olivia Benjamin

Commons breakfast potatoes, one of the only things college students are willing to sacrifice their sleep for.

17. Have you tried all of the MStreet Restaurants yet?

roommate

Photo by Melissa Masia

MStreet Restaurants include Virago (Sushi), Tavern (Gastro-pub), Kayne Prime (Steak House), Whiskey Kitchen (Tavern-chic), Saint Añejo (Mexican) and Moto (Italian). These restaurants won’t disappoint.

18. Are you having Mexican food and Whataburger withdrawals right now?

It’s 2am. We’re tired and hungry. All we are craving is a honey butter chicken biscuit and some Torchy’s queso. All we are left with are sub par substitutions like Cookout and Qdoba.You New Yorkers and Chicagoans might have different cravings than us Texans but I know y’all can relate.

19. 12 South? Friday?

roommate

Photo from www.sprinkles.com

Throw on your favorite flannel and explore Nashville’s hipster side. Favorites such as Frothy Monkey and Flipside can be found in 12th South. And just when you thought 12 South couldn’t get any better, they prove you wrong with the decision to open a Sprinkles Cupcakes store in December!

20. When will the Grilled Cheeserie be at Centennial?

roommate

Photo by Megan Meadows

When I first came to Vanderbilt, I was bewildered at why there was so much hype about a grilled cheese. Like honestly, how good can a grilled cheese be? However, the Grilled Cheeserie food truck exceeds one’s wildest expectations. I soon developed an unhealthy obsession for their mouthwatering creations.

21. Tortellini Tuesday Tonight?

Create your own cheese filled pasta in Rand. Need I say more?

22. Should I stick with my usual from Pancake Pantry?

roommate

Photo by Olivia Benjamin

The list of pancake types on Pancake Pantry’s menu can be quite overwhelming. Despite our desire to branch out, it’s such a struggle to decide on a new kind of pancake amongst the endless options. So, alas, my roommate and I always end up ordering our usual, a raspberry pancake for me and chocolate chip pancakes for her.

23. Should I order one dozen or two dozen Jake’s Bakes?

roommate

Photo by Haley Brecher

If it’s just for you maybe stick with one dozen, but if your roomie will be in the room take precautions and order two dozen. Even if your roommate claims she doesn’t want cookies, the smell of warm perfectly baked Jake’s Bakes will hit her like a ton of bricks and she will be downing a dozen cookies before you know it.

Sharing food with your roomie is all fun and games until someone gets hurt…after stealing that last coveted Reese’s.

roommate

Gif courtesy of www.tumblr.com