I recently learned about NOOMA Organic Electrolyte Drinks while I was in Armstrong, Miami University's Student Center. The creators of NOOMA were passing out free samples to anyone that passed by.

As a somewhat broke college student, I almost never pass up on free giveaways. I am very happy that I did not pass up this one. After briefly talking to the creators of NOOMA, I learned that they were athletes that wanted a healthier alternative to the artificial sports drinks they were normally given. They offer a few different flavors, but I decided to try their most popular which is Chocolate Mint.  My whole world changed when I tried this drink. I could not believe how something so natural could taste so amazing. I am now one of Nooma's biggest supporters, and I am so stoked that our rec center and local health food grocery store are now selling it. Here are five reasons why I became a fan of these drinks:

Reason #1- Nutrition/Ingredients 

I am someone that tries to stay healthy by exercising regularly and following a healthy eating lifestyle. Gatorade and other sports beverages contain so many unnatural ingredients that I always try to stay clear of them. NOOMA drinks are made out of simple ingredients that I actually know how to pronounce. Each drink consists of water, organic coconut water, organic flavoring, sea salt, and organic stevia leaf extract. Each bottle contains one serving of the beverage. All drinks have 30 calories, 110 mg of sodium, 7 grams of carbs, and 5 grams of sugar. You can have one of these drinks without recking your diet with unnatural calorie filled sugary drinks, since the carbs & sugar come from the organic coconut water.

Reason #2- Taste

Normally, I am not a fan of coconut water based drinks. However, the subtle hint of coconut that came through in the drink made it come off as a creamy delicious drink. The creamy coconut flavor mixed with the warm hints of mint and chocolate made it taste like I was drinking a milkshake. If you are not a fan of chocolate that is okay. These drinks also come in the flavors of Mango, Blueberry Peach, and Watermelon Lime. These flavors will make you feel like you're laying on a beach drinking an ice-cold smoothie. No matter what flavor you choose, you are picking a good one

Reason #3 - Dietary Restriction Compliant 

After learning that I could no longer have gluten or dairy, my choices in food and beverages dropped. Even when I do find a non-dairy, gluten-free item, I am often dissatisfied with the taste. However, with NOOMA this is not the case. I was so happy when I looked at the package and saw that it was certified as gluten-free, non-GMO, vegan, paleo friendly, and organic. The natural ingredients allow for such a wide variety of people to try. I always love to support a brand that supports the needs of others.

Reason #4 - Accessability 

If you don't have access to a grocery store that is stocked with these delicious beverages that is not a problem. Not only can you order NOOMA drinks off of their website, but they also sell them on Amazon. They sell them in packs of 12 for $27.99. They offer either 12 of all one kind or a variety pack. Personally, if this is your first time trying them I would go for the variety pack. This allows you to try out each drink to determine which one is your favorite.

Reason #5 - Eco-friendly & Design

Who doesn't love a product that is good for our environment? Not only are the drinks packaged in eco-friendly materials, they look super cute too. Bring this drink with you to the gym and it will automatically make you look like a fitness pro. The colors they used are fun and friendly. My favorite look is the Watermelon Lime. The bright pink color really makes it pop against the white lettering. According to their website, each drink is packaged in a Tera Park bottle. Tera Park bottles make it so NOOMA does not have to add any acid preservatives. This keeps the drink and package completely natural. NOOMA is not only good for you, but it is also good for our environment 

Whether you are a fitness junkie or just a sports drink loving individual, I would highly recommend taking a break from your go to beverage to try NOOMA. You never know this drink could become your favorite too. In the words of NOOM, "Sweat OUT. NOOMA IN.