Whether it’s a cappuccino, espresso, macchiato, or café au lait, coffee is delicious. But what good do any of these types of coffee do if they can’t keep your mind running throughout the day? Although there are other ways to boost your energy levels, if you’re like us and your addiction with coffee is forreal, finding an alternative isn’t an option. So we took the liberty into trying out coconut coffee, the holy grail of not only paving out a smooth path for the long days, but also for your lifestyle.

1. It boosts your energy levels

Just like any other cup of coffee, this works just the same, but better. The oils from coconut is a medium chain triglyceride (MCT), a form of dietary fat and substance that immediately converts acids into fuel instead of storing the content as fat.

coconut coffee

Photo by Nancy Gao

Coconut oil is one of the highest forms of saturated fat, consisting of a whopping 90%. Then, why would we want to mix something so high in fat with caffeine and sugar? Well, recent data has shown that saturated fats are actually harmless for your body. The experiment’s goal was to see if consuming less fatty foods would improve cardiovascular health. While there’s no doubt that true, but what’s shocking is how there’s no solid evidence of saturated fats associating with an increase in coronary heart disease, cardiovascular disease, and strokes. As a heads up, this doesn’t mean you can delve into binging on coconut coffee, because coffee alone has its own effects towards your body.

coconut coffee

Photo by Mulin Xiong

On a side note, if you’re not feeling the coconut coffee vibes, definitely try hitting up some vegan chocolate-covered fruits, homemade granola, or a hefty chocolate chip banana bread muffin, all involving a touch of coconut oil!

2. It amps up your metabolism

Now this one of our favorites, because not everybody is blessed with an ideal metabolic level. Researchers have found that women who have coconut coffee experience a reduction in abdominal obesity.

This traces back to the first point where MCTs aren’t stored as fat, which offers a greater incentive to a healthy weight loss. Not only do they have a lower calorie count than other fats such as butter and cheese, but also they are able to help suppress hunger. How freaking great is that?

3. It tastes bomb

Coconut coffee may have all these great benefits, but the most important thing is its taste. Why go through all the trouble of brewing a cup if it won’t turn out to be appetizing? We’ll admit that we were originally not big fans of coconut (especially Almond Joy). But trust us and take a sip because it’ll literally make your taste buds blossom. And at the end of the day, it also depends on your coffee preferences. Whether you like it bitter or sweet, hot or cold, pumping in some coconut oil or creamer shouldn’t change the taste too much.