Unless you've been living under a rock, you've probably heard of a company known as KIND. They produce amazing bars that can be found in most supermarkets and in most drugstores all over the place; even at Trader Joe's if you're a Trader Joe's fan like myself. This year for Veteran's Day, KIND is releasing something called KIND HEROES, and I'm here to share the details with you.

What's the deal?

Liz Abere

For Veteran's Day this year, KIND will introduce its new limited-edition KIND HEROES bar with 100% of the proceeds benefiting the Hope For The Warriors’ Warrior’s Wish® Program (HOPE), supporting its mission to fulfill the life-changing wishes of severely-injured service members. The cool thing about this is that throughout KIND's history, this is the second time ever that they'll be transforming their iconic wrapper to celebrate a community that hasn't received their fair share of kindness; this time, with a patriotic design that's inspired by the military community.

When the bars are purchased exclusively on www.kindsnacks.com, with pre-order availability kicking off the week of 10/28, customers will be able to send a thank you note directly to an American vet within the HOPE community. Thankfully, the HEROES bars is available in KIND's best-selling flavor, Dark Chocolate Nuts & Sea Salt, which basically means that KIND's going to be having me entire bank account... but damn, that's going to be a lot of vets that I'll also be thanking too since you know, it's the KIND thing to do.

The KIND HEROES bar is the second iteration of the company’s Snack and Give Back Project, a multi-year program to inspire inclusivity and empathy. The project was first introduced this past June with limited-edition KIND PRIDE bars. Since KIND's founding in 2004, the brand has always championed kindness as a transformative force for good. Through this project, the company will be spreading kindness and empathy to deserving communities for many years to come. So in case you skimmed through that all, KIND's really good at being KIND and has basically been KIND since their founding nearly 15 years ago.

Unless you have a cold soul and would rather just purchase KIND's Dark Chocolate Nuts & Sea Salt without giving back to the community... then you can go do that, but you won't be getting the cool resigned packaging... or be able to thank a vet for defending this country that many of us claim to love oh so much, despite our president and his shenanigans. These bars are KIND of really amazing and my personal favorite out of everything that KIND has to offer, just like KIND's amazing ambassador program, which has people being KIND to everyone at all times; including vets. KIND also has an amazing food scientist with amazing food recommendations here in New York where I'm based, just in case you're interested in reading more about that. Just as a reminder that there's nothing wrong with being KIND at all times, just like KIND HEROES are... no pun intended.