Okay so last weekend my roomies and I went to the Tiverton Yacht Club where they were having a pizza contest. Basically, everyone brought a pizza and you got to try everyone elses. The pizza we brought wasn’t homemade because we suck and didn’t have time, but for the ones whose were, they were judged on whose tasted the best. Can I say that I literally couldn’t choose between 4. They were all so good. Doesn’t this scallop pizza just looking amazing???

Pizza

Photo by Jessica Heckman

Anyways, my reason for writing this isn’t to brag about all the delicious pizza I got to eat but why more towns and places need to have an event like this. It truly brings everyone together. Being an outsider of the club, they made me feel so welcomed as if they have known me all of my life. Everyone was sharing stories and bonding with one another. Kids were jumping in the pool and playing hide and seek around the building. It’s a great way to learn about others in your community and create life long relationships.

Another thing I loved about this was that you got to try a trillion different types of pizza (and who doesn’t love the sound of that), and were able to get the recipe for one other because they were made by your neighbors. Like I never would have thought to make a s’more’s pizza (yes this counts as pizza even though its chocolaty goodness)

Pizza

Photo by Jessica Heckman

All and all, I truly believe towns should be creating events like this one because everyone needs to experience this at least once if their life. In the world today, to many people keep their heads down in their phones and only speak with one another through text messages. This is a great way to bring people together and eat great food. And like seriously… who’s not happy when they have 6 slices of pizza in front of them…