Millennium Park and Willis Tower might be the top of your Chicago bucket list, but the Windy City has some pretty sweet desserts as well. You’ll definitely want to pencil in these treats for a post-dinner snack. Whether you’re just visiting or you’re a Chicago native, here’s your ultimate dessert bucket list:

1. Formento’s Chocolate Cake from Formento’s

Chicago

Photo courtesy of @infatuation_chi

An Italian restaurant in Chicago’s West Loop, Formento’s chocolate cake is much more than meets the eye. The 10-layer cake is made up of chocolate cake and chocolate pudding.

2. The Giant Birthday Cake Donut from Firecakes

Chicago

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

This place is known for its donut ice cream sandwiches, but a birthday cake-donut hybrid that’s as big as your face? Count me in.

3. Old Fashioned Hot Chocolate from Mindy’s Hot Chocolate

Chicago

Photo courtesy of @helloelenaa on Instagram

Aptly nicknamed, Chicago can get pretty cold in the winter. Stop into Mindy’s for a cup of hot chocolate (much thicker than your average Swiss Miss) and a house-made pastry.

4. Marjolaine Cake from JR’s Dessert Bakery

Chicago

Photo courtesy of JR Dessert Baker

Gluten intolerant? You can still treat yo’self with marjolaine cake. Layers of walnut meringue, white chocolate and dark chocolate mousse make up this gluten free dessert.

5. Vanilla Cupcake with Chocolate Frosting from Sweet Mandy B’s

Chicago

Photo courtesy of @sweetmandybs on Instagram

Located in Lincoln Park, Mandy B’s specializes in old fashioned desserts. Grab a chocolate and vanilla cupcake to bring you back to childhood days of hopscotch.

6. Friday Night Flight from Hoosier Mama Pie Company

Chicago

Photo courtesy of @hoosiermamapie on Instagram

The only thing better than one slice of pie? Three slices. Stop in at Hoosier Mama Pie Company on Friday nights to order a flight of their ever-changing menu of pies.

7. Churros from Xoco

Chicago

Photo courtesy of theinfatuation.com

The place for all your favorite street foods in fancier forms, Xoco has churros that are too good to pass up. The restaurant shares a block with two of Rick Bayless’ other Chicago restaurants (Frontera Grill and Topolobampo), and it’s the most casual of the three.

8. The Turtle Split from Margie’s Candies

Chicago

Photo courtesy of margiesfinecandies.com

Selling both house-made candy and ice cream, Margie’s is famous for their signature sundaes with a side of hot fudge. Their turtle split is a mashup of two classics, made with vanilla ice cream, bananas, whipped cream, nuts, cherries, caramel and fudge.

9. Peanut Butter Nutella Cupcake from Molly’s Cupcakes

Chicago

Photo courtesy of mollyscupcakes.com

The only thing better than a cupcake is a Nutella filled cupcake. Peanut butter cake, Nutella filling and Nutella buttercream frosting make this cupcake irresistible. Learn how to make your own lava cake version here.

10. S’mores Pizza from Bar Toma

Chicago

Photo courtesy of @bartomachicago on Instagram

In a city known for its deep dish pizza, why not try the dessert version? Bar Toma is the spot to go when you’re longing for the campfire favorite.

11. Smoked Pork and Toffee Crunch Shake from Little Goat Diner

Chicago

Photo courtesy of foodies.artestiq.comI’d compa it to

I’d compare it to chocolate covered bacon – sounds suspicious but surprisingly incredible. Because a plain chocolate shake is just too basic.

12. Basque Cake from The Bristol

Chicago

Photo courtesy of The Bristol

A traditionally French dessert, basque cake is so good you’ll want to bask in it. The Bristol makes their own with citron jam and candied almonds.

13. Tableside Smores from Prime & Provisions

Chicago

Photo courtesy of @primprovisions on Instagram

Prime & Provisions is one of the most famous steakhouses in Chicago. If you save any room, top off an incredible meal with this surprising dessert.

14. Brambleberry Sorbet and Crisp from Jeni’s

Chicago

Photo courtesy of @jenisicecreams on Instagram

Founded in Ohio, Jeni’s serves up homemade ice cream. They also have sorbets perfect for that dairy-free friend. Pair a few of their ever-changing flavors but be careful not to let the tower of ice cream fall!

15. Almond Croissant from Vanille

Chicago

Photo courtesy of @vanillechicago

Save yourself the embarrassment and don’t try to pronounce it. You can’t go wrong with this French patisserie croissant.

16. Buttermilk Old Fashioned Donut from Do-Rite Donuts

Chicago

Photo courtesy of @doritedonuts

Do something right for your self and try one of the best donut shops in Chicago. Do-Rite features changing specialties, but their buttermilk old fashioned donuts are hard to beat.

17. Hazelnut & Coffee from Boka

Chicago

Photo courtesy of @bokachicago on Instagram

If you’re looking for a fancy dessert almost too pretty to eat, Boka’s the place to be.

18. Blueberry French Toast Gelato from Black Dog Gelato

Chicago

Photo courtesy of @blackdoggelato on Instagram

Black Dog specializes in gourmet gelato and sorbets. Made fresh each day, the flavors are inventive – from Goat Cheese Cashew Caramel to Butterscotch Bourbon Pecan.

19. Lemon Sabayon Tart from Bittersweet

Chicago

Photo courtesy of @bittersweetpastryshop on Instagram

It’s difficult to choose just one of Bittersweet’s pastries, but the lemon sabayon is perfectly sunny for summer. Pair it with a cup of their iced hot chocolate.

20. Elvis Concrete from Scooter’s Frozen Custard

Chicago

Photo courtesy of @chicagofoodgasm on Instgram

Illinois’ proximity to the land of custard has definitely paid off. Their concretes are like DQ blizzards  – only better, because custard. The Elvis is made with vanilla custard, Reese’s peanut butter cups and bananas.

21. Chocolate Chip Cookies from Summer House

Chicago

Photo courtesy of @summerhousesm on Instagram

We could eat this leaning tower of chocolate chip cookies all summer long.

22. Chocolate Cake Stout Milkshake from Public House Chicago

Chicago

Photo courtesy of @icecream on Instagram

Chicago’s own version of Black Tap’s crazy milkshakes. This drink is honestly a meal in itself.

23. Egg Waffle from J Smile 51

Chicago

Photo courtesy of @jsmile51 on Instagram

Inspired by Hong Kong street food, the egg waffle can be topped with ice cream, fruit and, of course, chocolate sauce.

24. Chocolate Tostada from Cantina 1910

Chicago

Photo courtesy of @infatuation_chi on Instagram

Though not as traditional as flan, this Chocolate tostada puts a twist on a classic Mexican dish.

25. Black Forest Chocolate Cake from Hugo’s Frog Bar & Fish House

Chicago

At Hugo’s, one piece of cake bigger is bigger than your head (and then some). You won’t want to pass up this chocolate cherry cake.

26. Rainbow Cone from Original Rainbow Cone

Chicago

Photo courtesy of @originalrainbow

Some trends may be getting old, but this chocolate, strawberry, palmer house, pistachio and orange sherbet cone has been around since 1926.

27. Flavored Ice from Maxwell Street Market

Chicago

Photo courtesy of @chicagofoodauthority on Inra

Smooth scoops of shaved ice can be topped with tajín, a spice made of Mexican chilies, lime juice and sea salt.

28. Pot de Creme from Floriole

Chicago

Photo courtesy of @floriole on Instagram

These were around way before the mason jar trend. They’re petite, so obviously you can have two.

29. Macadamia Turtle Pie from Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse

Chicago

Chicago really loves using knives for dramatic effect. Just try to finish this after a steak dinner. We dare you.

30. Maple Bacon Long John Donut from Glazed and Infused

Chicago

Photo courtesy of @smallgirlbigbites on Instagram

Glazed and Infused has some wild donut flavors, but don’t be confused: you need to try the maple and bacon.

31. Fried Ice Cream from Citizen Bar

Chicago

Photo courtesy of @citizenbar on Instagram

Just like the state fair’s fried foods, but way fancier and slightly more socially acceptable.

32. Grapefruit Baked Alaska from Salero

Chicago

Photo courtesy of @neiljohnburger on Instagram

Baked Alaska isn’t as complicated as you think. Find out how to make it in a college kitchen here.

33. Pineapple Upside Down Cake from Johnny’s Grill

Chicago

Photo courtesy of @thejohnnysgrill on Instagram

All that fruit makes it count as breakfast, right?

34. Green Tea Crepe Cake from Gyu-Kaku Japanese BBQ

Chicago

Photo courtesy of @jiazzss on Instagram

An exciting infusion of French and Japanese traditions. Crêpes can be savory, but we prefer them for dessert.

35. Snickers Stuffed French Toast from Whisk

Chicago

Photo courtesy of @whiskchicago on Instagram

Two slices of Texas toast filled with Snickers chocolate then topped with a white chocolate sauce. Um, yes please.

36. Cookies & Cream Bombo from Bombo Bar

Chicago

Photo courtesy of barsiena.com

Bombo, short for bombolone, is an Italian doughnut filled with jelly or cream. With their cookies and cream bombo, you get the best of both worlds.

37. Mille Feuille from Au Cheval

Chicago

Photo courtesy of @auchevalchicago on Instagram

Known as the restaurant with one of the best burgers in the state, Au Cheval also serves dessert, so save room.

38. Peanut Butter and Jelly Soft Serve from bellyQ

Chicago

Photo courtesy of @bellyqchicago

This is a serious upgrade from your grade school sandwich.

39. Carrot Cake from Lula Cafe

Chicago

Photo courtesy of @creativelyswank on Instagram

Definitely counts as your daily serving of veggies (plus your serving of dairy if you count the cream cheese frosting).

40. Hand Pie from Hot Bar

Chicago

Hand Pie Photo courtesy of @hbecker0944

Yeah, you read that correctly – handheld pie. Portable versions of any desserts are always a yes.

41. Shake of the Month from DMK Burger Bar

Chicago

Photo courtesy of dmkburgerbar.com

A lucky charms shake in March, a donut one for national donut day – DMK Burger Bar’s shakes are always creative and tasty. Plus, you now have an excuse to go at least once a month.

42. Oh My! Caramel Pie from Beatrix

Chicago

Photo courtesy of @beatrixchicago on Instagram

Serving dishes inspired by Lettuce Entertain You’s test kitchen, Beatrix’s caramel pie is a delicious departure from the classic apple or pecan pie.

43. Pot de Crème Au Chocolat from The Blanchard

Chicago

Photo courtesy of @_instagramzy_ on Instagram

Tastes as delicious and fancy as it looks, but basically a pot of chocolate sauce. Yes, please.

44. Vanilla Bean Crème Brûlée from The Signature Room

Chicago

Photo courtesy of @signatureroom95 on Instagram

The Signature Room is located on the 95th floor of the Hancock building, so you’ll have to brave the height in order to enjoy this dessert.

45. Truffles from Chocolat Uzma Sharif

Chicago

Photo courtesy of @chocolatuzma on Instagram

You can also take classes at Chocolat to learn how to make some of their delicious chocolates yourself.

46. Roasted Chili Churros from Dusek’s

Chicago

Photo courtesy of @dusekschicago on Instagram

Dulce de leche cream, bittersweet chocolate sorbet, candied mango and sweet chili lime oil comprise this unusual but incredible dessert.

47. Chocolate Pecan Pie from Bang Bang Pie & Biscuits

Chicago

Photo courtesy of @filip_turowski on Instagram

An unlikely combo of flavors, this pecan pie is definitely not just for Thanksgiving.

48. Drinking Chocolate from Katherine Anne Confections

Chicago

Photo courtesy of @bowerorganizing on Instagram

This isn’t your average, watery hot chocolate, this is drinking chocolate seasoned with spices and sugars. Another hot drink for a cold night – don’t go on a full stomach!

49. Caramel Popcorn from Garrett Popcorn

Chicago

Photo courtesy of @garrettpopcorn on Instagram

A Chicago staple, Garrett’s popcorn always has a long line. It’s well-worth the wait, especially for these pieces of popcorn seasoned with butter, sweet brown sugar and a crème brûlée crunch.

50. Chocolate Cake Shake from Portillo’s

Chicago

Photo courtesy of @portilloshotdogs on Instagram

An entire piece of chocolate cake spun into a shake pairs perfectly with a Portillo’s hot dog.