It’s no secret that Shake Shack is taking over the world. With hundreds of locations across the US and various abroad, it seems there is no stop to this greasy yet famously delicious burger joint. While many Shack lovers go straight for their burgers and cheese fries, so many seem to bypass the shake menu completely. As a self-proclaimed frozen dessert aficionado, I asked some like-minded individuals (sorority sistas), why they thought this was. It is called Shake Shack, after all.

We concluded that although their creamy shakes are so delicious and indulgent, not enough people are willing to spend the money or waste the calories on any old shake. The shake menu at the Shack boasts peanut butter and coffee flavors along with the expected chocolate, vanilla and strawberry. For some, those flavors might do the trick, but for those who want more bang for their buck, I have the ultimate treat for you (literally).

The Shake Shack Custard Calendar is the foodie’s ultimate tool in deciding what frozen treat to get and when to get it. These specialty flavors are available in shake or custard form and conveniently color coded. They change weekly every month, so be sure to write these flavors down in your planner because next month they’ll be gone.

June 1-5 – Strawberry Cheesecake

Shake Shack

Photo courtesy of @shakeshack on Instagram

This flavor only lasted 5 days, but I had the pleasure of trying one before it made an exit. If you thought regular strawberry custard was good, you would not believe the flavor packed into this bad boy. The sweetness of the strawberries was abundant as was the creaminess and tanginess of any NY style cheesecake. If you love the strawberry and cheesecake combo, try this recipe.

June 6-12 – Stumptown Coffee Cardamom

Shake Shack

Photo courtesy of @starshine822 on Instagram

I’m not sure where Stumptown is, but the name alone makes me want to make the 30-minute drive to my local Shack. This flavor is the current specialty, and I am jealous of anyone who has had the pleasure of trying it. Cardamom is the world’s 3rd most expensive spice and was actually introduced by a coffee planter, so you know this flavor combination is about to be LIT. If you happen to be in NYC, stop by Stumptown and see what all the hype is about.

June 13-19 – Cherry Streusel

Shake Shack

Cherries are the ultimate summer fruit. There’s a sexiness to them, like if there was a fruit that could wear a bikini – and look better in one than me – it would be a cherry. Tart fruit plus a sweet and crumbly streusel sounds like my summer fantasy come true. If it’s anything like their Blueberry Pie flavor, it’ll rock your world.

June 20-26 – Mud Pie

Shake Shack

I don’t know the details of this creation, but I trust Shake Shack with all my heart. Their chocolate custard alone is spectacularly creamy and thick, so some added chocolate wouldn’t hurt. My predictions include moist and chewy brownie chunks and sinful hot fudge swirls.

June 27-30 – Matcha Citrus

Shake Shack

What a way to end the month. This flavor sounds perfect for the closing out of June, and gives the perfect transition into July. Matcha is a huge flavor right now and actually pairs perfectly with citrus. If you’re not a huge chocolate fan, this could be the perfectly refreshing summer treat for you.

The custard calendar at Shake Shack is definitely something to be utilized. With flavors ranging from sinfully indulgent to new and invigorating, this must make its way into your dessert routine. It changes every month, so do yourself a favor, plan ahead and get to your local Shack. Then get ready for next month. For more ways to hack the Shake Shack menu, check this out.