The phrase "gluten-free" is definitely trending right now. However, there was a time when gluten-free snacks got a bad rap. Fortunately, Emmy's revolutionized the gluten-free snacking game with their 100% organic coconut cookies. Emmy's cookies are made with healthy and simple ingredients and come in a variety of flavors. Read on to learn about these irresistible cookies that many can enjoy!

How Emmy's Was Born

Emmy's is a family-oriented company that values sustainability, racial justice, supporting refugees, and livable wages. Emmy's all started upstate in Ithaca, New York in 2009. A couple, Ian and Samantha, set off on some baking adventures in the kitchen of Ian's mother (Emmy). Ian has some food allergies and introduced Samantha to his clean, all-natural, and decadent coconut cookie recipe. 

Ian and Samantha began selling cookies locally at an Ithaca farmers market. They sold out each time and began expanding to local retailers and co-ops, eventually reaching stores nationwide. Now, you can find Emmy's cookies on shelves at your favorite retailers around the world (including WalmartWhole Foods and CVS). Be sure to check out Emmy's store locator to find a retailer near you!

About the Cookies

All Emmy's cookies start off with a dough made with simple, 100% organic ingredients: gluten-free flour (such as almond or peanut flour), agave syrup, shredded coconut, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and Himalayan salt. The magic then happens with the add-ins, such as chocolate chips, peanut butter, lemon and ginger, and much more. 

Be sure to follow Emmy's Instagram for updates and recipe ideas @emmysorganics. Personally, I can't wait to try the all-new Birthday Cake flavor hitting store shelves soon (rainbow sprinkles included)!

Taste Test

I had the opportunity to head to Whole Foods and pick up some Emmy's coconut cookies. It was a difficult decision, but I finally decided to try Dark Cacao and Lemon Ginger. Both cookies were soft and flaky from the coconut. In my opinion, they tasted even better out of the fridge!

The Dark Cacao flavor was quite decadent. I definitely got some fudge brownie vibes, and I could not believe it was flavored with 100% organic cacao. These are perfect for dessert and will kick any chocolate craving to the curb. The lemon ginger had a cooling lemon flavor with a slightly fiery finish. It is a perfect treat for a mid-summer day.

Emmy's Organics is your friend when it comes to gluten-free, all-natural snacks. You can enjoy them plenty of ways (out of the fridge, in a parfait, on toast; the possibilities are endless). And why try just one flavor when you can try them all?