Emmy's Organics has gone from two people selling their cookies at a farmers markets to a certified b-corp sending cookies across the globe, all in the span of 10 years. They sell eight flavors of vegan and gluten-free coconut cookies. The mint and peanut butter ones also come in a chocolate-covered version. 

I love dessert, and when eating vegan chocolate chips out of the package loses its appeal, I'm always looking for another dairy-free dessert. When a representative reached out with an offer to let me try a few flavors of Emmy's cookies, I was thrilled. Each flavor came in a package of three cookies, which meant I could eat two, and give one to a friend for a balanced taste-test.  In addition to being vegan and gluten-free, all Emmy's products are USDA Organic and non-GMO. 

Vanilla Bean

Emmy's Vanilla Bean cookies are the perfect blend of vanilla and coconut. They are sweet, but not overpowering, as the main source of sweetness is organic agave syrup. To hold them together and keep them gluten-free, Emmy's uses almond flour and coconut oil, which make for a fantastic pairing. 

The cookies are soft and can be eaten in one big bite, or two smaller ones. The packaging is re-sealable, but somewhat of an unnecessary element when you want to eat all three in one sitting. 

Lemon Ginger

Emmy's Lemon Ginger cookies are more of a lemon and coconut cookie. They are still quite good, and a nice change from the Vanilla Bean ones, but a bit disconcerting when what you taste doesn't match the package. Two types of coconut and lemon are listed on the ingredients list before ground ginger, which makes sense when I didn't taste much ginger.

I would be interested to see if Emmy's will make their own version of gingerbread with a coconut-ginger cookie for the holidays. 

These cookies are also the greasiest of the three I ate. The Dark Cacao ones are the driest, but these leave you looking for a napkin once you're done chewing. 

Dark Cacao

Saving the best for last. Emmy's Dark Cacao cookies are my favorites. I would eat all three cookies in three bites if someone let me. The dark chocolate blends well with the coconut to make the cookies sweet. They have almost the exact same ingredients as the vanilla bean cookies, except for the organic cocoa powder, but definitely taste chocolatey. 

It's been nice for me to find a good chocolate cookie that is also diary free and doesn't taste like air. With cocoa powder for flavor and agave for sweetness, I don't have to worry that dairy is lurking in the cookie anywhere so I can enjoy without worry. 

Each cookie has 100 calories, 5-6 grams of sugar, and 1 gram of protein. I wasn't expecting a super-healthy snack, but I always appreciate something that contains a normal amount of sugar and includes ingredients that I can actually identify. Please excuse me while I go order more Emmy's cookies, and for another Spoon review of Emmy's, click here