When it comes to baking cookies from scratch, we all know that licking the bowl is half of what makes it amazing. I will admit that I am 100% guilty of taking spoonfuls of dough to eat before the cookies are even placed on a tray. That soft and sugary dough has a special place in my heart. Luckily for me, the new edible cookie dough trend has filled a void in my heart.

Edible cookie dough has officially taken over the foodie scene. Every big city across the nation has a shop that sells amazing flavors of cookie dough that is completely safe to eat raw. Places like  in NYC, Cookie Jar DC in DC, and Unbaked Bar in Los Angeles have created some dessert FOMO for anyone who doesn't live near a big city. Even some major companies such as Just have stepped up their game to give the people what they want.

For all my fellow New Jerseyites who do not have the time to head to Manhattan for a scoop of cookie dough, the Jersey Shore might just have you covered this time. Jersey diners, bagels, and Wawa subs can step to the side; something amazing is coming our way. 

Coming soon to Point Pleasant is a company known as Just Dough It. They are dedicated to creating cookie dough in a variety of amazing flavors, ranging from "Seaside S'mores" to "Belmar Brownie".  If you are a peanut butter lover like me, the "Red Bank Reese's" flavor will be right up your ally. 

In order to make their amazing cookie dough, Just Dough It uses pasteurized egg products that eliminate any risk of salmonella (take that, mom.) They also heat treat the flour they use to make sure it's 100% safe to eat raw. 

Just Dough It will be a must-eat place for anyone in the shores of New Jersey. Instead of looking forward to an ice cream cone when you come to the boardwalk, get excited for some cookie dough. No matter what type of mood you're in, there will be flavors and toppings to satisfy your cravings.