Eclipse is a California based vegan ice cream company. It was founded in 2018 and is based in California. Eclipse is on a mission "to create a more sustainable, responsible and humane food system." The two founders, Aylon Steinhart and Thomas Bowman, both have backgrounds in the alternative and plant-based protein world. 

Their products are sold in stores in California, Idaho, and Washington, D.C. They also offer nationwide shipping, however, beware that this dessert doesn't come cheap and orders have to be for four or six pints.

I love ice cream, and I'm always on the lookout for the best dairy-free offering. When Eclipse reached out and asked if I wanted to try some of their vegan ice cream, I couldn't say no. 

Vanilla

Say goodbye to boring vanilla ice cream. Eclipse's vanilla ice cream is sweet, creamy, and overall just really delicious. 

It should really be called vanilla bean because you can see and taste the little flecks of vanilla bean mixed in the ice cream. I could eat it on its own, but it would also be perfect with some (vegan) chocolate or caramel syrup on top. 

Chocolate

Calling all chocolate lovers. Eclipse's chocolate flavor is the perfect vegan chocolate ice cream. It's creamy, chocolatey, and not too sweet. The flavor comes from dutch chocolate, and a little bit of coffee extract. 

Cookie Butter

It's like cookie dough ice cream, but more exciting. The cookie butter ice cream is rightly a fan favorite.

Made from Eclipse's delicious vanilla base, this flavor takes it up a notch with little pieces of cookie butter mixed throughout. It tastes like the cookie butter we all love and just goes so well with the vanilla ice cream. 

#SpoonTip: Make your own version of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream by adding some (vegan) chocolate chips to the cookie butter. 

Coffee Halvah Chocolate Chunk

If you like coffee, then this is the ice cream for you! But, this isn't any old coffee ice cream. It has pieces of chocolate and halvah mixed in it.

A part of Eclipse's Chef Series, American Bar Executive Chef Carolina Santos-Neves created Coffee Halvah Chocolate Chunk, and all proceeds from this flavor will go to Breaking Bread NYC, an organization working to provide meals to those in need. 

These are just some of Eclipse's many flavors. Have you tried any of them? Let us know @spoon_cc on Instagram