Not every fast food menu item can be a timeless hit like McDonald's french fries. Sometimes restaurants make mistakes, like forgetting that side of honey mustard you asked for, but sometimes they straight up FAIL with their "creative ideas." From unappetizing to simply strange, here are the biggest fast food fails of all time that thankfully has been discontinued. 

McDonald's Hula Burger

By the looks of this burger, you can definitely consider it a fail. The Hula Burger was intended for Catholics who couldn't eat meat on Friday's during Lent. Ultimately, customers preferred the Filet-O-Fish instead of this sandwich that featured pineapple and melted cheese. 

Taco Bell's Seafood Salad

Something seems a little fishy here. In an attempt to diversify their menu, Taco Bell created the Seafood Salad. They quickly had to cancel the item due to numerous incidences of food poisoning. 

Burger King's Enormous Omelette Sandwich 

Some things just shouldn't be super-sized. This Enormous Omelette Sandwich from Burger King was way too big for customers who were looking for a more moderate breakfast. 

McDonald's Mighty Wings

These wings were mighty spicy and mighty expensive. They were such a fail that McDonald's ended up bringing the price down to 60 cents per wing in an effort to sell the remaining product before taking it off the menu. 

Taco Bell's Bell Beefer 

Maybe Taco Bell should have stayed away from burgers. The word beefer honestly makes me cringe. Disagree? There is actually a Facebook group called Taco Bell Please Bring Back The Bell Beefer

McDonald's McLobster

For just a suspicious $7, you get "100% Atlantic lobster meat" along with a 100% chance you would never catch me near this thing. 

Dairy Queen's Breeze

In an attempt to create a healthier option for frozen treats, Dairy Queen introduced the Breeze. Instead of ice cream, they used frozen yogurt (apparently before it was cool). This menu item did so poorly that the frozen yogurt would go bad before it was even used. 

McDonald's McSpaghetti

During the '70s, McDonald's tried to introduce new menu items other than burgers. As intriguing as this looks, most customers weren't keen on the idea of pairing their chicken nuggets with spaghetti. 

Wendy's Superbar

Wendy's tried to make an all-you-can-eat salad bar but customers were not impressed. The bar consisted of anything from Mexican items to pasta. Economically, the Superbar didn't make sense, so it was discontinued. 

McDonald's McHot Dog

Looks gross, apparently tasted gross. American customers were definitely not thrilled with this menu item as they would rather order a McDonald's hamburger. Oddly enough, however, the McHot Dog has recently reappeared in Japan on their breakfast menu. 

Burger King's Shake-Em-Up-Fries

Perhaps customers didn't enjoy this item because it required them to do the work of shaking up their fries. Perhaps it is because they were shaking their fries in a powdered cheese. The world may never know. What we do know is that this item was quickly taken off the menu and will probably never return. 

McDonald's McAfrika 

What the heck, McDonald's? This pita sandwich with beef, cheese, lettuce, and tomato was released in Norway when there was a famine in South Africa. McDonald's quickly pulled this sandwich from their menu. 

Taco Bell's Black Jack Taco

Yikes. The Black Jack Taco contained beef, Baja sauce, lettuce, and a three cheese blend, all placed in a black-colored taco shell. This item was quickly discontinued due to the fact that it turned customer's poo green.

Hopefully, fast food restaurants have finally taken the hint that customers don't need them to spice up their menu. Honestly, I don't think we could stomach another Enormous Omelette or Seafood Salad fail.