The Paleo diet can be hard to stick to when you find out all the foods you have to cut out of your daily routine. It's supposed to be focused around foods that come straight from the earth and nothing that's processed. Grains, legumes, dairy, refined sugar, salt, and potatoes should be avoided, but lean meats, seafood, nuts, fruits, and veggies are all encouraged. There's no such thing as the perfect paleo shopping list, but there are a few staples that you won't want to leave the grocery store without. 

1. Coffee 

coffee, tea, milk, espresso, cappuccino, bed, mug, cozy
Caroline Ingalls

Even thought going paleo means giving up a lot of foods you might love, coffee is not one of them. You won't have to sacrifice your sanity, only the kind of creamer you add

#SpoonTip: Sip on decaf coffee if possible, as caffeine isn't recommended on the paleo diet. 

2. Larabars 

tea, chocolate, sweet
Isabel Burton

If you're someone who doesn't have a lot of time for breakfast in the morning, then these are a must-have on your paleo shopping list. They follow exactly what the diet revolves around so you don't have to worry about breaking it for this easy breakfast. 

3. Spinach 

spinach, vegetable, salad, lettuce, basil, relish, herb
Kristine Mahan

You always need a leafy green in your cart. It doesn't matter if you want to sauté it or want to make a salad, spinach is the perfect ingredient. 

4. Eggs 

egg, Eggs, Fresh, carton, farmer's market
Caroline Ingalls

I'd like to thank everyone I know for letting the paleo shopping list include eggs. There's no easier meal than scrambled eggs or a homemade omelet. And it doesn't matter if you're looking for breakfast, lunch, or dinner because eggs work for all three meals. 

5. Bananas 

banana, vegetable
Delissa Handoko

Here's another item that can be used in more than one way. Whether you're in need of a quick breakfast or a topping to your almond milk yogurt, a banana is a must-grab item. 

6. Dark Chocolate 

tea, coffee, beer
Jeanne Kessira

You're probably going to be craving something sweet once you cut out everything you would usually turn to. Dark chocolate might not have the same satisfying taste as milk chocolate, but it's one you can get used to over time. 

#SpoonTip: Opt for dark chocolates that are 70% or darker, and enjoy in moderation (remember, refined sugars are a no-no on the paleo diet). 

7. Salmon 

Cooking, Healthy, homemade, Cucumber Avocado Salad, salad, Side Salad, avocado, pan-seared salmon, college life, dorm life
Amy Dong

The more you think about it, this paleo shopping list just keeps getting better. You won't have to give up your favorite source of omega-3 fatty acids. Salmon is great as a stand alone meal or as a topping to your spinach salad. 

8. Bell Peppers 

fresh produce, Fall, farmer's market, bell peppers, Vegetables
Kelsey Ragnini

There are so many ways that you can eat bell peppers that it'll be hard to get bored. Whether you want to fry them in olive oil or eat them raw, they're something you won't want to skip over on your paleo shopping list. 

9. Kale Chips 

herb, vegetable, kale, spinach, tea
Katherine Baker

The paleo shopping list item makes regular chips a thing of the past, so of course you'd be looking for something to fill that void. The thought of kale chips might sound questionable a first, but once you try them you'll want to eat the entire bag. 

10. Coconut Milk Ice Cream 

sweet
Alexandra Torres

Giving up ice cream altogether is not necessary as long as you're buying dairy-free options. This paleo shopping list item is perfect for a late night snack when your sweet tooth is screaming for something. 

#SpoonTip: Refined sugars aren't allowed on the paleo diet, so avoid ice cream if you're trying to follow the diet perfectly. If you're craving ice cream, you might want to make your own paleo ice cream. 

11. Nut Butter

almond butter, spoonful, almonds, Crunchy, Nut butter
Julia Gilman

I may be speaking for myself here, but not having to cut nut butter from my paleo shopping list is a major bonus. You can have anything from almond butter to cashew butter—just don't grab a jar of peanut butter, since peanuts are cut out of the paleo diet.  

12. Zucchini 

tea
Miranda Reilly

You might think of zucchini as just a vegetable, but it's much more than that. Adding this to your paleo shopping list will give you so many dinner options, from zucchini noodles to mini zucchini pizzas. 

13. Tea 

tea, green tea
Nicolecacolaa

If you're more of a tea person, then this will be good news for you. You won't have to give up your daily cup of tea just to eat paleo. You can keep tea bags on your paleo shopping list, but opt for herbal teas instead of more caffeinated varieties. 

14. Avocados 

avocado, sweet, vegetable, nut
Emma Delaney

What's a trendy diet without a trendy food? Avocados have been popping up in so many recipes that it's hard to cut it out completely. Adding this to your paleo shopping list will spice up any bland meal; maybe pair it with salmon or make homemade guacamole. 

15. Chicken 

meat, chicken, pork, barbecue, beef, sauce
Christin Urso

The recipes that can be made with chicken are endless. If you really wanted, you could make a different type of chicken every night, which is just the reason it should be on your paleo shopping list. 

16. Sweet Potatoes 

tofu, sweet
Wallis Linker

While a lot of grains aren't allowed on the paleo shopping list, sweet potatoes somehow made the cut. You can make your own French fries or eat them as a baked potato, it's all up to you. Try pairing them with chicken to give your meal an extra flavor boost. 

17. Nuts 

nut, cashew, meat, hazelnut
Kirby Barth

Add these to your shopping cart for a great mid-afternoon snack. You never know when you're going to need a little energy boost while you're out and about, so always have a bag stashed in your backpack. 

18. Olive Oil 

wine, liquor, alcohol, beer
Betsy Chilcoat

Olive oil is a great addition to any paleo shopping list because you can use it in so many different ways. Whether you're using it to fry some vegetables or as a topping to your spinach salad, you'll be sorry if you forget this at the grocery store. 

19. Tuna 

beer
Kimberlee Bochek

Tuna can serve as a meal or as a midday snack; it's truly whatever you want it to be. You can pack yourself a tuna salad in your lunch or you can grab one of the snack packs and have it when you're in a rush. 

20. Cauliflower 

popcorn, cauliflower, kettle corn, sweet, goody
Kristine Mahan

This simple vegetable should never be left off your paleo shopping list. Not only can you cook it up as is, but you can also make it into rice. Since rice isn't really welcomed on this diet, cauliflower rice is the perfect alternative. 

21. Dried Fruits

sweet, prune, plum
Ally Mooney

Dried fruits are perfect to add a little extra flavor to your spinach salad. Not only that, they're great to pair with nuts for a homemade trail mix. You can also just snack on them by themselves, they taste just as good. 

22. Carrots

vegetable, pasture, carrot, farmer's market
Caroline Ingalls

I find carrots to be a staple on any shopping not, but especially a paleo one. You can eat them raw or cook them up to get a different flavor. It's honestly up to you; you have free range to tailor it to your taste buds. 

23. Asparagus 

asparagus, vegetable, herb
Kristine Mahan

This might be an item you don't think of, so it tends to be left off the paleo shopping list. You'll want to think twice before you leave the grocery store without some asparagus. This veggie is quick and easy to bake in the oven, top with salt and pepper and you're good to go. 

24. Celery 

vegetable, carrot, celery, hummus
Marie Chantal Marauta

Celery can be a little bland, but think about how good it would taste paired with a nut butter. This combination is perfect for a midday snack or even an evening dessert (because dessert doesn't always have to be sweet). 

25. Spices 

pepper, chili, condiment, cardamom, curry, cereal, spices
Srishti Jain

If you're going to be cutting out your favorite junk foods, the least you could do is add some spice and flavor to the foods you can eat. Spices such as garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and cinnamon make for the best toppings with any meal. 

If you're still thinking that following a paleo diet is going to be impossible, then you might have to think again. This paleo shopping list proves how easy it can be to follow this diet, and how you don't have to worry about restricting yourself from everything you love.