Have any plans for a Sunday this November? Now you do. New York’s biggest sports and events venue, Aviator Sports & Events Center in Floyd Bennett Field, will be hosting the first annual Brooklyn Chocolate Fest. Over 50 chocolate exhibits will occupy the 175,000 square foot indoor complex, each with unique and crazy treats to offer. Plus – free samples (yup!), a chocolate fountain, music, dancers, live butterflies and a chocolate contest. It won't be only about eating food; it'll be about having an unforgettable experience (literally). Here’s everything you need to know to go.

When: Sunday, Nov. 18, 2018

Time: 10am - 5pm

What will be there?

Here's a peek at some of the things you’ll be able to taste and do at the Brooklyn Chocolate Fest, featuring dozens of specialty food vendors and chocolaty activities.

Chocolate Works from Brooklyn Heights is bringing a chocolate fountain for you to feast your eyes on and dip marshmallows and strawberries to your heart's content. And after snapping those unbeatable Instagram photos, treat yourself to chocolate turkeys and cornucopias, truffles, and homemade fudge.

Photo by Sia Bayiokos

This is art. 

You may have heard of liquor-infused ice cream, but now you have a chance to try tipsy brownies! The Brownie Bar truck will have mini brownies in trios, including Funfetti, Caramel Sea Salt, Chili Chex Mix, and Pecan Pie. Their “Tipsy Trio” includes Cherry Cordial and a mocha brownie with vodka and cream mousse.

Lai Barboni

Good thing they'll come in threes, because what normal person can only pick one?

Try hand-twisted chocolate-dipped pretzels, chocolate-dipped apples, and chocolate cotton candy (you read that right) from Knot of this World Pretzels & Snacks. You'll get to choose from milk or dark chocolate and a variety of candy and nut toppings.

Yvonne Traficante

Chocolate and caramel apples with assorted toppings.

Savor boozy pudding shots from Spoonable Spirits. They’ll be serving Spiked Cake Shake pudding, Whiskey Rolos pudding, and Drunken Pumpkin pudding. Perfect for fall!

Kara Whitten

Whiskey Rolos & Drunken Pumpkin pudding

#SpoonTip: Check out this recent Spoon article to find out more about Spoonable Spirits.

Seven kinds of thin toffee will be available from Caramella Moo, a company that also helps kids recover from addiction. So not only will you get to enjoy toffee topped with milk or dark chocolate, almonds, mint, or coconuts, you'll be supporting a good cause at the same time.

Nancy Collier

Toasted coconut and chocolate marshmallow toffee

Petit Pot specializes in pots de crème, which is creamy custard that dates back to renaissance France. They'll have chocolate, Madagascar vanilla, traditional rice pudding, vegan coconut, and mango passion. After you're done, keep the jar and follow petit_pot on Instagram for creative ideas on how to reuse it.

All Petit Pot products are organic and kosher certified.

You can also get your hands on hyper-realistic chocolate treats that are actually soaps! Made by AJ Sweet Soap, they look and even smell like the real thing. This would make a great gift for your unlucky friend who couldn't make it to the Chocolate Fest. There will be assorted boxed chocolates, Hostess cupcakes, peanut butter cups, and more.

Denise Mancuso

Yes, that's soap!

More cool things at the Brooklyn Chocolate Fest:

There are going to be cakes in a jar and other baked goods, local honey, caramel-dipped treats, chocolate-covered bacon and fruits, vegan desserts, and even pickles.

Plus, live chocolate making demonstrations and contests: Getaround car sharing service will be featuring a chocolate contest. Waffle NYC will have hot chocolate dancers and there's going to be music by DJ Rey Snacks... uh, I mean Stacks.*

Humans won't be the only ones getting sweet treats. Guests will get to feed live butterflies in the butterfly house!

But that's still not all. Every ticket includes free food samples and raffle tickets for random prizes throughout the event. One of the prizes is getting to scale Aviator's rock climbing wall.

Now, the ticket info:

The early bird prices are...

For adults: $12.61 ($10 + $2.61 fee per ticket)

For kids 12 and under: $9.45 ($7 + $2.45 fee per ticket)

You can get a refund up to one day before the event.

You'll also be able to buy tickets at the gate, but they'll be a bit more expensive.

Where to buy the tickets: BK Chocolate Fest website or Eventbrite

Don't forget, all purchased tickets will receive a raffle number and free samples (it's best to come early for this, before they run out).

If you have any questions, reach out to sosweetfests@gmail.com or call 516-871-7799

Sia Bayiokos

Give me one... or ten, of everything please.

But what if it'll be cold on November 18th? No worries, since it's an indoor event, where you can warm up with a cup of hot chocolate in hand.

What could be better than all the chocolate lovers meeting all the dessert makers under one roof? It's the next best thing to getting a golden ticket to Willy Wonka's chocolate factory. So go ahead, eat some chocolate, take some Instagram-worthy pics, and make some sweet memories.