Chipotle is the go-to meal for college students before the tailgate, during a binge TV show session, and after a night out to cure the Sunday hangover. There is nothing better than a bowl filled to the brim with rice, beans, steak, salsa, guac (that's extra), and sour cream to soak up all that *fun* from the night before. It's the easiest and arguably most nutrient-packed fast food you can get at a semi-affordable price. Now, Chipotle is expanding to a new kind of restaurant called Farmesa in California to experiment with different menu items and focus on what Chipotle does best — bowls.  

What is Farmesa?

Farmesa will open in March in Santa Monica and will feature a variety of bowl choices for its customers. This location will also be a place for experimental items to add to the Chipotle menu around the country.

People walk in and follow the normal Chipotle assembly line for their food, but the options are far nicer than the normal items at Chipotle.

What will Farmesa serve?

The bowls here include the base choice of green or grain, a protein, two sides, and choice between five sauces to top it off. Side options will include whipped potato and sweet potato chips and some of the protein options are steak and salmon.

How much will a bowl at Farmesa cost?

Prices will range from $11 to $17 which is around the same price as a normal bowl at Chipotle. It will only offer takeout or delivery options rather than a traditional dining space. This is Chipotle's effort to design healthier food options for its customers.