The fast casual, make-your-own business model has swept the restaurant world by storm in the last few years. Chipotle is one of the most popular and well-known fast-casual restaurants out there, but it is certainly not the only one. Whether you like the customizable nature, the casual atmosphere, or simply the food itself, you should try these similar, Chipotle-style restaurants instead.

1. Roti Modern Mediterranean

The Mediterranean diet is all the rage these days, and with good reason; it is high in lean protein, good fats, and whole grains. Roti Modern Mediterranean, a purposeful and delicious casual eatery, offers a variety of customizable dishes that share the love of this culture. Dishes include a base, protein (such as salmon, falafel, or spicy lamb meatballs,) a multitude of sides and toppings, and a selection of sauces. Like Chipotle, Roti has a nutrition calculator on the website. With restaurants in seven states and counting, Roti is already doing Chipotle-style right. 

2. Sweetgreen

cereal, corn, pepper, vegetable
Hailey Maher

Already a popular salad joint on the East Coast, Sweetgreen can be considered the healthy version of Chipotle. You can create your own salads and warm bowls or choose one of the fan favorites (the Hummus Tahina is the best in my opinion.) While Sweetgreen is most popular in the East, there are locations in Illinois and California as well. If you're still in doubt as to whether Sweetgreen will satisfy your Chipotle cravings, take this quiz to find out.

3. Blaze Pizza

fish, seafood
Emma Danbury

Depending on where you live, Blaze Pizza might already be on your go-to list of places. With locations all over the United States, Blaze is quickly becoming a hot trend and proving to be the Chipotle of pizza due to their customizable pizza selections, artisanal ingredients, freshly made dough, and quick service. On top of all that, their modern aesthetic and visually appealing personal pie will really boost your Snapchat or Insta game. 

4. Genghis Grill

Genghis Grill is the holy grail of Mongolian barbecue and of make-your-own stir fry in general. The delicious food isn't even the coolest part; after you choose your ingredients, the Grill Masters turn your hand-picked ingredients into the best stir fry you've ever had right in front of you. Genghis Grill combines the visual allure of Benihana with a more fast-casual and fun atmosphere. If you're ever in Texas, make sure you check it out.

5. Cava

Cava is essentially the Greek and Mediterranean cousin of Chipotle. Its founders, three childhood friends, aim to allow everyone to experience favorite family flavors in a fast-casual and modern environment. Although they only have locations on the East Coast and California, they are expanding to other locations soon. 

6. Verts Mediterranean Grill

Mainly based in Texas, Verts is another Mediterranean fast-casual build-your-own model that targets young, health-conscious customers who want bold flavors while keeping meals light and healthy (most meals are under 600 calories.) Last summer, during the Pokémon Go phase, one of their locations hosted a Pokémon Lure Party to reach their target audience and market their food. Creative marketing, as well as a millennial-friendly concept, is probably why one of their co-founders was honored in the Forbes 30 Under 30 List this year.

7. Beefsteak

salad, vegetable, tomato, cucumber, lettuce, spinach, greek salad
Allison Walter

The name Beefsteak typically refers to something meaty, but José Andrés' new venture ironically focuses on vegetables with a slogan of "vegetables, unleashed". The goal of Beefsteak is to allow the customer to create a personalized bowl by choosing a variety of vegetables, sauces, and garnishes. Beefsteak currently only has 5 restaurants in 3 locations (Washington, D.C, Bethesda, MD, and Philadelphia, PA), so here's hoping that they open more in the future. Try these bowl combinations if you're looking to mix up your regular order.

8. Honeygrow

Honeygrow is Chipotle's more high-tech, stir fry cousin. At Honeygrow, you create your own stir fry bowl —choose the noodles, sauce, protein, veggies, and toppings to match your preferences perfectly—all on a convenient touch screen monitor. Originating as a start-up in Philly, Honeygrow now has locations all over the East Coast as well as in the Midwest. They may even be giving Sweetgreen a run for their money.

If you're tired of Chipotle but you're a picky eater or just want to customize your food, make sure to try out these places. Your tired taste buds will definitely thank you.