This summer, I made the conscious decision to watch ABC’s The Bachelorette from start to finish. And for the past 2 (almost 3) weeks, I have become a fan of this iconic TV show (#bandwagon). And after last week’s second episode, I, like much of America, have become particularly enamored with one contestant in particular: Chad.

Chad Johnson is a Luxury Real Estate Agent from Tulsa, Oklahoma. From what I’ve seen of his behavior and my limited knowledge of the show itself, he is the show’s designated “bad boy.” He loves to work out, hates fraternizing with the other male contestants, and manages to find his way into Bachelorette JoJo’s soft spot. And another important fact: when he’s not guzzling down his protein shakes, he eats A LOT of meat.

Here, you can see Chad’s monstrosity of a plate of food. Party platter that feeds 5? Perfect serving size of processed meat for Chad.

Chad

Photo courtesy of glamour.com

But as the night goes on, meat-loving Chad does not stop eating; it’s like his stomach is a bottomless pit. Here you can see Chad snacking on some cold cuts while being interviewed:

Chad

Gif courtesy of vulture.com

He even picks up meat and eats it after he dropped it on the floor. Chad must believe in The 5 Second Rule – thank god he didn’t kiss JoJo after eating cold cuts off the floor. She really dodged a bullet there.

Chad

Gif courtesy of vulture.com

Chad even brings his snacks with him into THE rose ceremony: the most sacred part of this 2 hours of nonsense I signed myself up to watch once a week. What he did was basically sacrilegious; is your roll of turkey really as important as a rose? Slap in the face to Bachelorette fans across the country.

Chad

Gif courtesy of vulture.com

So let’s raise a glass (or some lunch meat) to Chad who, in the words of contestant Grant (my personal favorite), “has taken the term meathead to a whole unparalleled level.” Time to adjust the drinking game to include priceless moments like these.