Many people rely on caffeine to get them through the day (or night). Other people try to avoid caffeine as much as possible for health or personal reasons. No matter which one of those options you are, there is a Tim Hortons drink suited perfectly to your needs. Here is a list of the caffeine in Tim Hortons' most popular drinks.

1. Latte

Surprisingly, a latte from Tim Hortons will give you the most caffeine compared to any other drink. The fact that lattes are only available as a medium makes this drink rank higher than the other items, but the caffeine content is actually the same as the amount in the original roast coffee (with certain flavours). Depending on which flavour you choose, a Tim Hortons latte can contain between 205mg-215mg of caffeine.

2. Original Roast Coffee

Tim Hortons' original roast coffee is the winner when it comes to the highest amount of caffeine in the cheapest drink (an especially helpful thing for college students to know). A small will give you 140mg of caffeine (an espresso shot has 45mg on average), perfect for an early morning boost or to keep you going during a long study session in the library.

3. Dark Roast Coffee

The dark roast comes in second with slightly less caffeine than the original. A small dark roast coffee contains 130mg of caffeine. So whether you prefer original or dark roast, you will be getting a similar amount of caffeine no matter which you pick. 

4. Café Mocha

coffee, cappuccino, espresso, milk, mocha
Amy Cho

A mocha from Tim Hortons still has a good amount of caffeine at 90mg in a small. This drink is perfect for someone who wants some caffeine but not too much and enjoys the chocolate flavour in their coffee.

5. Iced Capp

The iced cappuccino from Tim Hortons is arguably their most popular drink (after the double-double, of course). This drink has 90mg of caffeine in a small, but the medium has less caffeine than what is present in a medium mocha. This is because of the ice that this drink contains.

6. Iced Coffee

This drink is basically an original brewed coffee but with more milk and added ice, so it makes sense for it to have much less caffeine. A small contains 60mg of caffeine, so it's a good drink to have later in the day when you need just a little caffeine boost.

7. Brewed Tea

It's pretty obvious that the caffeine content in brewed tea depends on the type of tea you are having. Herbal teas don't contain any at all, while orange pekoe, English breakfast, earl grey, and chai teas have 50mg in a small. Tim Hortons also has the option to have decaffeinated orange pekoe, which contains 6mg of caffeine in a small, while green tea has 25mg

Knowing the caffeine content of different Tim Hortons drinks can come in very handy in certain situations if you're a regular at this historically Candian coffee shop. Use this list to help you decide what to drink depending on your caffeine needs.