Ever wonder why you're paying so much for food? Brand names. Brands that are widely known can afford to be pricier, but that doesn't mean they are made much, if any, different. So take brands out of the equation. 

Brandless, a store with a new and cheaper concept, was first brought to market in July 2017. The store sells all of their products for only $3, from food to household and beauty products. Often people pay more money which is considered "brand tax" for items that are from a popular brand. This goes with saying that off brand or "brand-less" items are much cheaper, without leaving quality out. 

Brandless is committed to providing healthy options at an affordable price, but they're also committed to serving others. Recently, they've teamed up with Feeding America, to help bring food to those in need. For each purchase that someone makes, Brandless donates a meal. 

Here's a preview of just some of the things you can get with $3. 

I'm Feeling Coco For Coconut: Virgin Coconut Oil

beer, coffee, milk
Laura Quinting

Virgin Coconut Oil is unrefined and cold-pressed, which enables it to last for a pretty long time. Use coconut oil as a healthier substitute for oil or butter when cooking, or even store in your vanity, to rejuvenate your skin. 

I'm Feeling Salty Over Midterms: Sea Salt Quinoa Chips

cake, chocolate, tea, coffee
Laura Quinting

Not your typical Lays potato chips, these healthier sea salt quinoa chips take the guilt out of snacking. These are especially great if you are someone who eats gluten-free and non-GMO. The chia seeds are baked into the chip, and the sea salt gives your just the right amount to satisfy your chip needs.

I'm Feeling Like Sneaking Candy Into the Movie Theater: Gummy Fish

candy, chocolate, bacon
Laura Quinting

Going to the movies, Swedish fish are always my go to. But I leave the theater with a major sugar coma and a sickening feeling. I know with the gummy fish made by Brandless that I can expect better ingredients such as cane sugar and no artificial colors to give me candy I can rely on. 

I'm Feeling Apple Season: Applesauce Pouches

coffee, pizza, tea
Laura Quinting

Getting ready for school in a rush can be a pain, sometimes you don't have time to sit down and eat a meal. There have been all too many times I have skipped breakfast because of this (don't ever do this). With the handy pouch, eating apple sauce on the go has never been easier.

I'm Not Feeling Plain Pancakes: Maple Syrup

alcohol, liquor, wine, coffee, beer
Laura Quinting

Give Aunt Jemima a run for her money with organic maple syrup that not only is gluten free but grade A certified. The rich taste will leave you wanting to switch over asap. Use on your favorite waffles or pancakes for a sweet bite. 

I'm Feeling Like I Need An Instagram Açai Bowl: Blueberry Flax Granola

corn, popcorn, cereal
Laura Quinting

Does your açai/smoothie bowls feel like their lacking? This blueberry granola has the right amount of crunch to give your breakfast a flavor punch. Granola is also great as a cereal substitute with almond milk, or even topped over yogurt or oatmeal.

I'm Feeling Like Eating the Whole Bag: Toasted Coconut Cookie Thins

milk
Laura Quinting

During my "time," cookies and ice cream is all I seem to crave. But eating junk food only temporarily helps. Treat yourself to cookies that satisfy with no artificial flavors or colors. These toasted coconut cookies are thin, so don't worry about eating a few.

I'm Not Feeling Awake Yet: Cold Brew Coffee Bag

milk, chocolate
Laura Quinting

Waking up in the morning can be tough, but why not have your life seem somewhat put together with coffee you can trust? This cold brew bag of coffee can be the basis for a delicious ice coffee that gives McDonald's and Starbucks a run for their money.

Brandless gives users access to a variety of healthier options. And slashing the brand tax fee can offer students alternatives for their favorite snacks, without breaking the bank. See what $3 can get you today.

#SpoonTip: All Items pictured have been provided by Brandless for the article. Use code hello3 at checkout for $3 shipping on your first order.