When the snow is so unbearable and there's no warm fireplace in sight, we all need something to keep us warm. Here's where the drinks come in. In no particular order, I have decided to list what I feel are the best winter drinks to have by your side on even the coldest and snowiest of days. 

Calming Chai Tea Latte

chai, tea, latte, chaitea
Rebecca Buechler

Not only does Chai tea have calming effects, but it also tastes great too. With just the right touch of cinnamon and a perfect frothy layer of steamed milk on the top, you will be ready to take on the cold day ahead of you. Also available in an iced version.

Smooth, Hot Caramel Macchiato

coffee, espresso, tea, ice
Kelsey Emery

Brewed with espresso, steamed milk, and caramel flavors, the caramel macchiato is smooth enough to warm up any chilly day. The espresso has enough caffeine to give you enough energy to power through the snow and anything else winter throws your way. Also available in an iced version.

Freshly Brewed Iced Coffee

Iced coffee, coffee, iced vanilla latte, iced latte, Vanilla latte, latte, vanilla
Beatriz Gras

While this may not be the first drink you think of when it's snowing, it's still a top contender for one of the best winter drinks. Iced coffee not only gives you a ton of energy but, on the days that you can barely open your eyes and snow is blowing into your face, it'll wake you right up.

Warm Mulled Cider

tea, apple, coffee, cider, cinnamon, juice
Spoon University

This isn't just your ordinary apple cider. Mulled cider is brewed with cinnamon, allspice, cloves, orange slices, and lemons to give you a drink that smells and tastes as good as it looks.

Mexican Hot Chocolate

Cuban, coffee, tiles, Morning, Cuba, Miami, Drink, hot, espresso, shot
MyLinh Truong

To amp up your regular hot chocolate game, add in about a teaspoon of ground chile and cinnamon. It'll give a basic hot chocolate a spicy kick that not only wakes you up but keeps you warm on the coldest of winter days.

Hot Chocolate With Marshmallows

milk, coffee, chocolate, sweet, cream, marshmallow, hot chocolate, candy
Alyssa Maccarrone

One of my absolute winter faves is hot chocolate. If you don't add at least two handfuls of mini marshmallows to your cup you're doing it wrong. Hot chocolate takes around 3 minutes to make and within 1 minute of drinking it, you'll begin to appreciate the snow for allowing you to enjoy such a delectable drink.

Tangy Peppermint Mocha

chocolate, cream, mocha
Madison Newman

This minty, rich drink is made with espresso, steamed milk, mocha sauce, and peppermint flavoring. For extra sweetness, add a dollop of whipped cream and mini chocolate chips on top and you'll no doubt have the perfect pick-me-up for the brisk day that lies ahead. 

Chestnut Praline Latte

coffee, cappuccino, milk, espresso, cream, mocha
Becky Hughes

You can be extra festive and warm this holiday season with this toasty latte. Made with warm milk, chestnuts, caramel, and spices, the drink will never fail to put a smile on your face and warm your heart.